Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Responsible for the environmental aspects of the database. To include:
* Recoverability - Creating and testing Backups
* Integrity - Verifying or helping to verify data integrity
* Security - Defining and/or implementing access controls to the data
* Availability - Ensuring maximum uptime
* Performance - Ensuring maximum performance
* Development and testing support - Helping programmers and engineers to efficiently utilize the database.
Database Administrator job description
* Installation of new software -including new versions of DBMS software, application software, and other software related to DBMS administration. It is important that the DBA or other IS staff members test this new software before it is moved into a production environment.
* Configuration of hardware and software with the system administrator.
* Security administration- monitor and administer DBMS security ie adding and removing users, administering quotas, auditing, and checking for security problems.
* Data analysis- analyze the data stored in the database and to make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage.
* Database design (preliminary)-involvement with preliminary database-design stages.
* Data modeling and optimization-optimize the system layouts to take the most advantage of the I/O subsystem.
* Responsible for the administration of existing enterprise databases and the analysis, design, and creation of new databases.
*Optimising recoverability including backups and storage
*Ensuring that security access conforms to the policies of the business
*Eusuring that database performance operates within acceptable time limits
Development and testing support for testing new and changed programs