Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
The Database Administrator will be part of the team who are responsible for the support of a number of databases, including Oracle and MySQL platforms, on Linux, in addition, MSSQL and PostgreSQL databases. This will be for the database lifecycle from project inception to ongoing support.
Free job description Database Administrator
• To maintain production environments relating to the online services. This will include development, stage and production systems across all relevant data centres by:
o Maintaining high availability databases in support of 24*7 services
o Establishing and monitoring backup schedules
o Tuning database configuration for optimum performance
o Installing/Patching Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL software to agreed standards
o Diagnose and resolve problems relating to database service availability
o Monitoring and maintaining quality assurance by checking the consistency, continuity and coherence of supported services.
o Assisting development teams with effective schema design to achieve optimum performance
• To work in a team environment and to work closely with other members of the team and customers
• Implementing appropriate contingency procedures in response to planned and unexpected events.
• To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. This will include technical, operational and editorial staff, staff in other departments and divisions, as well as third parties.
Database Administrator job cont
• To ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
• To undertake administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
• To support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
• Reviewing and ensuring complete and appropriate handover of documentation prior to operational acceptance of new or changed applications
• To participate in the on-call support to the 24/7 team
• An understanding of Oracle 10g and/or MySQL 5.x gained through running critical systems;
• Management of multiple schemas through system development, test and live environments;
• Experience with MySQL Enterprise Monitoring, or Oracle OEM Solutions;
• Experience with MySQL Replication, or Oracle Data Guard Replication;
• Methodical and accurate while delivering to daily deadlines;
• Systematic approach to identifying faults and pursuing paths to resolution;
• Experience of specifying and installing new solutions;
• Ability to foresee relevant issues and assist in proposing possible solutions;
Desirable technical Skills-Database Administrator job
• Experience with Oracle RAC;
• Experience with management of Microsoft SQL server;
• Experience with management of PostgreSQL;
• Experience of project management processes;
• Experience of other monitoring packages such as Zenoss, Nagios and HP Openview;
• Experience of Unix Scripting;
• Good working knowledge of, and confidence administering on Linux platforms;
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
• Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Good communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
• Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
• Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
• Good team player, self motivated and able to work on own initiative.