Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
• To ensure that online platforms remain highly available.
• To work and liaise with other operational teams and the wider technical community in order to diagnose and fix service affecting issues.
Free job description Database Administrator Team Lead
• Maintain high availability databases in support of 24*7 services
• To lead a team of technical staff.
• Manage workload and resourcing of DBA effort for Operational and Project requirements.
• Provide support to Capacity management function
• Establish and monitor backup schedules
• Tune database configuration for optimum performance
• Install software to agreed standards
• Diagnose and resolve problems relating to database service availability
• To work with Development teams as part of new developments, projects and upgrades
• Provide consultancy to system developers and integrators where required
• Implementing appropriate contingency procedures in response to planned and unexpected events.
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. This will include technical and operational staff and operational staff in other departments and third parties
• To ensure that systems are documented and kept current.
• Management of technical developments of operational importance and participation in developing or setting standards as directed.
• To work with the architecture, infrastructure, engineering and delivery teams to ensure that the Data stores used on the platform remain current, performs to standard and are well understood.
• To improve the standard of technical operations and competencies within the team.
• To participate in incident, problem and capacity management processes
• To provide a 3rd line/ on call/escalation to the 24/7 team as required for the Database estate
• Experience of leading a team of database administrators
• Advanced Understanding of MySQL gained through running critical systems
• Advanced understanding of Oracle to 11g gained through running critical systems;
• Management of multiple schema through system development, test and live environments
• Experience of Oracle PL/SQL scripting
• Experience in Advanced replication, standby databases;
• Good working knowledge of, and confidence administering on Unix/Linux/Windows platforms;
• Methodical and accurate while delivering to daily deadlines.
• Experience of specifying and installing new solutions
• Competency with Unix/Linux scripting and tools and their application to Database administration, monitoring, automation, and troubleshooting
• Experience of managing senior technical resources
• Experience of working within an ITIL framework
• Experience of working within a LAMP environment or with open source technologies
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
• Experience of clustering technologies (e.g. Oracle RAC)
• Experience of PostGres database technology
• Experience of Non-SQL databases e.g. Couch
• Experience of XML stores e.g. Mark logic
• Experience of backup and/or synchronisation tools
• Experience of Database migration
• Experience of procurement and project management processes
• Experience of managing Microsoft SQL server;
• Experience of Dynamic web publishing
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
• Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
• Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
• Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
• Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
• Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
To work and liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community on design, implementation, and transition to BAU operation of new databases and data stores
• To work within Operations and be responsible for a team of Database Administrators and other data store administration functions for Internet platforms and supporting production platforms
• line management responsibility for a team of DBAs