Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
To work closely with and support dental practitioners and therapists
Dental Nurse job description
1. Assist clinical dental staff at the chair side, including aspiration and mixing of materials to ensure a high standard of cross infection control within the surgery.
2. Undertake clinical work with a wide range of special needs and disadvantaged patients including dental phobics, those with learning disabilities, mental health problems, those with medically compromising conditions and to provide for the needs of individuals from ethnic minorities
3. Carry out safe sterilisation procedures and daily and weekly maintenance checks on autoclaves and sonic baths in accordance with Trust and Departmental protocols.
4. Process and develop radiographs as appropriate to level of qualifications and experience as required by the dental practitioner and therapist/hygienist in line with the Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999 and 2000.
5. Maintain, input and update manual and electronic records in accordance with established procedures and the provision of the Data Protection Act 1998, ensuring that patient records are accurately completed for patient data collection.
6. Liaise with mainstream general dental practices to obtain information enabling non-registered patients to be registered with a local NHS dentist.
7. Operate and maintain an effective patient booking system in accordance with established departmental procedures.
8. Assist dental officers or therapists on domiciliary visits, school screenings and oral heath promotion training and exhibitions.
9. Promotion of high quality standards and good professional dental nurse practice in support of the dental practitioners, therapists and hygienists within the clinic.
10. Working with staff and colleagues to establish a flexible team approach delivering a quality service and contribute proactively to the development of the team.
11. To be involved in the training of student dental nurses
12. Promoting oral health and preventive dental care in line with Trust and Government guidelines.
13. Participate in clinical governance procedures and individual appraisals to ensure continuing professional development.
14. Attend meetings and liaise with other professionals, organizations and agencies as necessary to ensure the smooth running and development of the Community Dental Service as required by the Service Manager.
15. Assisting and supporting the Service Manager in the ongoing development of the Community Dental Service.
16. Provide occasional cover for reception and triage of first contact patients in accordance with the Community Dental Service patient acceptance criteria.
17. Work at other locations, as required, providing support and cover within the Community Dental Service.
18. Be committed to your own professional development and to maintaining the highest professional standards. To undergo required training as determined in your personal development plan to be reviewed annually.
Registered Dental Nurse Qualification
(NVQ Level 3).
Experience of working in a dental environment.
Understanding of the importance of team work.
Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Ability to prioritise tasks.
Willingness to study and learn new skills.
Ability to calm and reassure nervous or anxious people.
Enthusiasm and flexible attitude.
Ability to use own initiative.
Car driver and access to own transport.
Partnership proactive approach to team building.
Must be able to work well with others and be supportive.
19. Participate and provide input and expertise to health promotion within the community in accordance with Trust and Departmental policies and guidelines.
20. Adhere to infection control, decontamination, COSHH, Health and Safety standards and all protocols within the workplace.
21. Maintain patient and staff confidentiality at all times in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as required by the Senior Dental Manager
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is the responsibility of all employees to work with managers to achieve a healthy and safe environment, and to take reasonable care of themselves and others. Specific individual responsibilities for Health & Safety will be outlined under key responsibilities for the post.