Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Deputy Chief Sub Editor Job Description
• Check copy grammatically, factually, legally and according to the layout and house style to maintain the highest standards of production and accuracy.
• Sub-edit magazine copy, proofs and finals and rewrite as required by chief sub editor using initiative and judgement
• Prepare raw copy, finalise proofs and review titles, captions and headlines
• Ensure copy is correctly spelt and reads well
• Check copy for potential legal problems and notify chief sub if any are found
• Work on files in InDesign, following editorial best practices under supervision, confirming t house style
• Check the work of other subs and editorial team and made amendments as suggested by chief sub
• Manage and develop internal and external subs to ensure the quality of the publication and production schedules is kept.
• Deputising for chief sub when away
• Managing advertorial subbing on the subs desk and working on advertorials
• Subbing subscriber onsert
• Organising and collating book offers and taste team comments/pix in on time
• Experience as a Senior Sub or Deputy Chief Sub on a weekly or monthly consumer magazine is essential
• First class, meticulous magazine subbing skills
• Competence with InDesign
• Ability to priorities workload, using initiative to meet deadlines
• Experience of managing other team members is essential
• Ability to work under pressure
• Willingness to communicate with members of the wider editorial, advertising and publishing teams
• A demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for food and cooking
• Knowledge of essential magazine law (e.g. copyright and libel)
You'll check copy – grammatically, factually, legally and according to the layout and house style to maintain the highest standards of production and accuracy. You'll manage advertorial subbing on the subs desk and manage the subs desk workflow. You’ll train up freelances on Dialogue and also be responsible for managing subs queries.
• Chasing up monthly wine notes for menus, offers and mini offers copy and pix, rewriting where necessary
• Dialogue management
• Flatplan management and liaison with ad team – able to step in when chief sub away
Managing subs desk workflow, training up freelances on Dialogue and managing subs queries
• Zinio approval of magazine
• Management of monthly food supplements (creating and amending flatplans and producing schedules/liaising with sponsorship and marketing teams/reading proofs done by freelancer)