Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Design and Quality Assurance Analyst Job Description
To drive the Design and Quality Assurance functions, both technically and commercially, in relation to the day-to-day running and management of WorkPlace, WebKiosk and OnAir applications.
• Ensure delivery of a high quality service within agreed upon SLA’s and budgets; persevere to overcome obstacles and the delivery of exemplary results for users.
• Review all change requests raised against supported platforms, commenting on potential risks or issues. Liaise with business and 3rd party vendors to capture and analyse any requested changes against these platforms.
• Participate in design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/technical requirements. Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements.
• Assess and provide approval for technical change requests,
work packages, defect management and implementation of changes into production.
• An understanding of staff scheduling and broadcast management systems.
• Architectural and support experience of Oracle 10g database running on a Unix Platform; inclusive of partitioning, indexes, Discoverer, impacts on and by SGA/CPU/IO, UDFs etc. Note: OnAir – IBM AIX, Workplace – Sun Solaris, utilising RAC technology. Migration knowledge would be a plus.
• An understanding of a windows server application tier running on Windows Server 2003. Note: OnAir runs proprietary Sintec Media application code and Workplace on Oracle Forms.
• Proficient in writing SQL, PL/SQL to query database and modify data in response to operational issues.
• Competent in FTP and Web Service technologies to a degree to be able to liaise with software and infrastructure vendors when issues arise.
• Adept in modifying Quest Software Benchmark Factory to run SQL, captured from new release functionality.
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and able to influence at all levels.
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with users to ensure business objectives are met in building constructive business relationships.
• Ability to work unsupervised and uses initiative when necessary. Deal with conflicting priorities calmly and effectively.
• Strong relationship management skills with colleagues and users in pursuit of delivering high quality services whilst maintaining targets.
• Strong analytical skills and able to make sense of complex and logical problems quickly.
• Build solid relationships with Super Users, Local and Assistant Administrators to assist in the delivery of the organisations objectives.
• Identify, and provide resolutions to procedural / process issues in maintaining a ‘Continuous Improvement’ philosophy.
• Experience of WorkPlace scheduling software, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of OnAir (broadcast management solution), or equivalent.
• Experience of SharePoint version 2007, and above.
• Knowledge of IT applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Oracle Discoverer Reporting.
• ‘Degree or equivalent; or Professional qualification / experience.
• ITIL V3 Foundation and / or ITIL V3 Service Design, Service Transition & Continual Service Improvement certifications.
• Analyse defects in the non-functional domain and raise with the appropriate vendor supplying the system, sub system or service.
• Provide oversight to maintenance, change, incident and problem management - escalating to management as and when required.
• Proactive in highlighting opportunities to improve performance in all areas of: operations, productivity – both procedural & financial, service levels and customer satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery plans and InfoSec guidelines.
• Assist with the planning of and undertake developmental and testing work as required, including ‘Service Packs’, major releases and general maintenance.
• Maintain and business processes and procedures, process scripts and user guides to reflect all changes implemented.