Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
• Provide technical and project execution services
• Provide engineering support for the design of the umbilical product and associated items, particularly for tendering and projects
Business Manager job description
Design Engineer job description
• Design umbilicals and umbilical components according to rules and standards, including:
o Dynamic, Fatigue & VIV Analysis
o Seabed Stability calculations
o Installation load calculations
o Structural calculations and stress analysis
• Ensure that design output meets design input by using the Engineering Services Request system ( ESR )
• Perform engineering calculations as requested by ESR
• Verify that all umbilical designs, comply with the rules and standards
• Prepare and verify umbilical design specifications ( UDS’s )
• Generation of data sheets for the cross sectional drawings using software programs.
• Generation of Engineering Reports ( ER’s ) as and when required
• Perform metallic tube sizing, particularly with respect to wall thickness
• Generate Electrical Cable Procurement Specifications ( ECPS’s )
• Generate Optical Cable Procurement Specifications ( OCPS’s )
• Generate Steel Tube Requirement Specifications ( STR’s )
• Generate & revise Standing Instructions ( SI’s )
• Generate Technical Instructions ( TI’s )
• Establish & revise Material Purchasing Specifications ( MPS’s & STA’s ),
• For tendering support, review clients technical specifications & prepare compliance matrix for DUCO exceptions/clarifications
• Conduct investigations of a technical nature, when required
• Produce material files for a specific material/supplier combination
• Interaction on a daily basis with tendering, sales, methods projects and quality departments.
• Attend meetings internal or external which may need technical expertise, with existing and potential clients and vendors.
• Attend internal design Review meetings
• Direct involvement with umbilical R & D activities
• Able to perform cost estimates using the hardware cost model.
• Integrate experience from previous projects into the design of new projects.
• Design and propose equipment improvements when requested by the Manufacturing Facility.
• Maintain an engineering library of procedures, notes, and relevant publications.
• Liaise with other units within the organisation regarding technical subjects
• Provide input for the monthly report.
• Ensure design software is correct i.e. latest version, and suggest improvements in existing software.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline and/or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
• Minimum of five years’ offshore oil and gas engineering.
• Familiarity with subsea engineering, basic umbilical design and installation, or cabling industry design practises.