Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job descriptions database
Free Job Description Design Engineer
The Design Engineer will participate in the design development and modification of various structures, equipment and systems for new build, conversion, refurbishment, and upgrades to mobile offshore drilling units. Position duties include development of layouts, scopes of work and procurement specifications, vendor expediting, and resolution of engineering issues arising in a global fleet of floating and bottom founded drilling units.
EDUCATION: B.Sc. in Engineering (Structural, Civil, Marine, Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent, relevant field.
EXPERIENCE: 0-5 years work experience with drilling contractor, marine contractor/engineer or consulting engineer preferred.
Directly Supervises 0
Indirectly Supervises 2
Certain projects will be assigned to this individual to sponsor from conception to completion. The individual is expected to make decisions and recommendations after consultation and with routine supervision.
Proficient Computer skills in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Auto Cad, Microsoft Project and related software packages. The design engineer I has a basic understanding of ABS, DNV, API, and related industry regulations and standards. The individual must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
A basic, but solid knowledge of the following vessel systems (relevant to specific discipline)is beneficial:
§ SCADA is required. Must have PLC or DCS. Also, should have familiarity with PFD's or P&ID's
§ Heavy structures and fabrication, drilling masts and derricks, hull structural arrangement and scantlings
§ Main vessel utilities pipe and pumping systems for ballast, bilge, drill water, potable water, salt water service & cooling, engine cooling, sanitary, and drain systems,
§ Fire and safety systems, co2, deluge, fire mains & hydrants, foam and sprinklers, lifeboats, and life rafts,
§ Mooring equipment, leg jacking systems,
§ Main drilling equipment, drawworks, rotary tables, top drive systems, mud pumps, mud systems and equipment,
§ Subsea and well control equipment, blowout preventers, diverters choke and kill systems, hydraulic BOP control systems, marine drilling risers, tensioners and related appliances,
§ HVAC, air conditioning, and marine ventilation,
§ Rig main power equipment and auxiliary machine equipment, engine fuel systems, air compressors & dryers, and water making equipment, boilers, steam generators and main propulsion equipment,
§ Electrical generating and control equipment and systems (low and medium voltage), instrumentation and control systems, dynamic positioning systems and instrumentation,
The position requires the individual to travel internationally and to various rigs operating offshore.
The Design Engineer I must be self-motivated and possess superior skills to identify and solve unusual problems associated with improved rig performance, construction characteristics and safety. The engineer must have the ability to ensure that all aspects of a problem are understood and effectively managed. The Design Engineer I must be able to perform with a sense or urgency and highest ethical standards without sacrificing on accuracy and professional engineering practices.
5. Review and approve engineering drawings and calculations in compliance with Classification and Regulatory Rules, and ensure company standards for safety are incorporated.
6. Organize technical discussions with subcontractors and vendors in order to specify designs or systems necessary for an engineering project.
7. Evaluate existing designs of engineering systems to determine the operational effectiveness, safety, and relative cost of such systems.
8. Responsible for creating a positive relationship with subcontractors, vendors, and the operating divisions of the company. Ensure a high degree of cooperation to achieve the best possible results.
9. Attend, when requested, vessel inspections to define the scope of work required for equipment additions, modifications, repairs and conversions.
10. Attend and document Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of various rig equipment and systems
11. Coordinate with vendors to assure all regulatory and classification body’s requirements are met in all cases of equipment fabrications, installation, and repair.
12. Support and assist rigs operations staff, or shipyard teams, with their technical queries.
13. Work with the marketing department to review the technical aspects of bid requests and work to resolve technical issues to obtain new contracts for the drilling rigs.
1. Actively supports the Safety Vision
2. Assist the Senior Design Engineers, Engineering Discipline Manager or Project Manager in solving engineering design and analysis problems, including accurate scheduling, budget preparation and control, quality, and safety of designs for onboard mechanical installations.
3. Perform inspections and attend tests of construction work to ensure compliance with approved drawings, workmanship standards and contract specifications.
4. Coordinates the work of drafters and technicians on assigned tasks to ensure the quality of the design criteria is met.