Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Responsible for the supervision, technical development and guidance for the Desktop Support team and to lead on the day to day activities of the team.
Responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient level of IT Support is provided within the desktop support environment for in resolving IT related issues or problems.
• Quality checking and auditing of work carried out by the Desktop Support team.
• To propose, document and implement changes to policies or procedures in line with technological advancements.
• To liaise and work with members of the Service Desk, Server and Operation Support teams as well as assisting other members of staff from the Consortium.
• To assist in the development, maintenance, implementation and changes to the SLAs.
• To act as a primary point of contact for escalation from a Desktop Support level in times of major system outages, supplier issues and conflict resolution with customers.
• To monitor and identify any trends or irregular activities on jobs logged with the Desktop Support group that could relate to potential IT issues and escalate the to IT Service Delivery Manager.
• To ensure that all requests from customers for assistance are handled promptly and effectively, and if necessary escalated to the appropriate level.
• To assist in the technical development and enhancement of customer support systems and Desktop functionality.
• To carry out any other duties and tasks that may be required of the post in order for the Desktop Support services to function effectively.
• To provide desktop support in supported organisations within the agreed SLA.
• Regularly take responsibility and or take the lead on projects/work streams related to the use of IT systems.
• As and when required you may be called upon to assist with other duties commensurate with the overall objectives of delivery of service
Desktop Support Manager Job Description continued
• To manage and perform supervisory duties on a daily basis for the IT Desktop Support Team and ensuring procedures and processes are adhered to.
• To ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained within the Desktop Support teams at all times.
• To ensure targets outlined by the SLA and KPI’s are achieved.
• To ensure jobs assigned to the Desktop support group are managed and completed within targets outlined by the SLA.
• To set procedures and processes inline with standards within the IT Desktop environment.
• To line manage and be responsible for the personal and technical development of the Desktop Support Team, including appraisals and training plans.
• To work inline and with reference to Incident, Problem, Configuration, Change and Release management.
• To take a positive and leading role in the provision of specialist desktop expertise to facilitate strategies of the department and supported organisations within the SLA.
• Install, configure, maintain and upgrade desktop hardware and software applications.
• To assist Users in choice of appropriate hardware and software – desktops, laptops, PDAs, scanners, printers
• Responsible for defining and writing the routine working instructions for less senior members of staff in these topic areas.
• To produce written reports, emails and documentation of processes and procedures as of when required by either management or for service requirement.
• Considerable day to day autonomy within the scope of the SLA.
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining PC set-up, plant and software licensing records, and the security of desk top, mobile, and home computers.
• The postholder sets-up and maintains the underlying security systems that supports all computer based information security, data integrity and data protection.
• The postholder has frequent contact with external support agencies to resolve and prevent problems.
• Most planning is on the month timescale but does extend to 18 months for workload and project planning
• The postholder provides subject-matter expertise on all policy decisions about desktop PC’s, mobile and home computing, and has an input into all IT related decisions.
• Degree in a related IT discipline; or HND and with relevant demonstrative work experience in IM&T service and delivery area; or with relevant expertise gained over several years in a range of IM&T areas
• Evidence of continuing professional development through Microsoft accredited training and/or other certified technical training.
• Evidence of continuing professional development.
• ITIL Foundation
• Must be able to work towards Prince2 Foundation
• Experience of working in a customer focused IT support environment which has included technical problem resolution
• Experience of developing relationships with external agencies and organisations
• Experience of working within a team environment
• Experience of diagnosing and resolving IT related faults/issues
• Knowledge of Service Desk and Desktop services and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
• Experience of supervising and line managing staff in an IT support environment.
• Extensive knowledge of using and supporting MS Windows Operating Systems and Office products.
• Extensive knowledge of using, supporting, configuring and troubleshooting LANs, WANs, TCP/IP and networking configuration and components.
• Extensive knowledge of one or more computer system or systems.
• Extensive knowledge of diagnosing and resolving IT related faults/issues.
• Extensive knowledge of using, supporting, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware & network configurations.
• Knowledge of supporting and configuring Windows Server and Exchange.
• Specialist knowledge of Service Desk and Desktop services and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations
• An understanding of team dynamics, including what factors make a team work well and what can go wrong. Team experience essential - must work well in a team
• An in-depth understanding of the PCT’s policies relating to Computer use e.g. Information Governance, Acceptable Use Policy, Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information
• Sufficient background to understand new computing concepts.
Free job description Desktop Support Manager