Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Developer in Test Job Description
Developers-in-Test are expected to perform a developer role, with a focus on testability. Applying a variety of techniques, and applying their unique experience, to review designs, analyse code quality and assess risk.
They refactor code to make it more testable, write test frameworks and automated tests. They collaborate with developers and other stakeholders to define and achieve successful delivery of high quality software for our major online products.
• Create and promote the use of behaviour/test-driven development at multiple levels within the software by pairing with production code developers and product owners..
• Write and implement acceptance criteria. Write automation test cases that verify functional and non-functional requirements of a feature.
• Design / lead the definition and execution of the test approach for a project or projects.
• Continually learn relevant new technologies to keep up with and apply them to the role.
• Participate in the architecture and design of the feature early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
• Align with and support the test process to ensure its consistent application across the engineering team.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Experience of and ability to design and execute effective functional tests
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
• Experience identifying the genesis of a defect, using de-bugging tools (e.g. Firebug or rdebug), analysing stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts
• Understanding of databases and services (e.g.RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON
• Significant experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects. Broad understanding of Agile development practices including TDD & BDD and their application.
• Experience using test automation frameworks and tools, such as Cucumber, Capybara, Selenium, Watir,
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTTP
• Understanding of major browsers and browser development tools
• Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artefacts (e.g. SVN, Perforce, baazar), with some experience of distributed version control (i.e. git) desirable
• Working knowledge of a CI system to create builds, ideally Hudson (or others e.g. Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team City)
• Working knowledge of major operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience creating mock objects and stubs in any programming languages using tools such as RSpec, Mockito, JMock, Rhino
• Experience in and knowledge of developing and testing transactional websites, data-driven web publishing, audio and video streaming, mobile products and devices, content management systems, interactive TV and broadcast systems.
• Experience pair programming with developers with a range of ability and knowledge
• Experience of product tracking tools, e.g. Jira,
• Understanding of web accessibility issues and appropriate methods for testing these