Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions.
Developer Job Description
Work on projects developing efficient and effective applications in accordance with the context provided by the Head of Development or the Project Manager.
Work effectively with other departments as and when required.
Responsible for the production of software and the translation of specifications into physical software assets.
Provide expertise in all aspects of development.
• Work within a professional, influential and proactive Development team
• Develop web sites, applications and rich multi-media experiences according to the brief and technical specifications. Work closely with other developers to integrate the applications according to departmental standards and processes.
• Ensure all developments are fully documented, meet high level design requirements e.g. data, customer experience, architecture, security, quality & operations, as well as regulatory & industry standards so projects are fit for purpose leaving testing & transitioning to live.
• Ensure all new developments go through an appropriate testing process and have solid release plans for hand-over to live operations
• Accurately report all development activity through timesheets, report on development progress and issues, identifying remedial action when required to address problems and keep development on track.
• Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with other development team members and divisions to improve skills and avoid single points of failure
• Create & maintain strong working relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider technology organisation so that the overall function operates professionally and is seen as delivery focused.
Provide input into the design of software systems, offering advice and thoughts and providing feedback. Estimate the time and materials required to complete a project
• Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation. Work within project timelines and budgets
• Work independently and/or within a team as the work requires. Participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work
• To provide support for a system including analysis, tracking and resolution.
• To utilise approved technologies for the development of systems.
• To understand and comply with internal departmental processes.
• To be able to organise their own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule.
• More than 4 years’ experience of development within challenging and changeable environments comprising diverse technologies and a cost aware culture.
• Significant exposure working on B2C websites, or equivalent B2B sites or applications
• Ability to understand business requirements and provide creative technical solutions that work within the technical boundaries
• Excellent working knowledge of ASP .NET, C# and SQL Server
• A good understanding of Test Driven Development and automated acceptance testing.
• A good understanding of working with Object Relational Mapping, OO analysis and OO Design.
• Continuous integration of code and databases.
• Evidence of working within a pair programming environment.
• Good attention to detail
• Experience working with content management systems
• Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and be able to independently and jointly develop desired solutions.
• Self motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
• Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
• Proven experience of refactoring
• Sound knowledge of unit testing and load testing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Experience of working within an agile software development environment
Engage professionally with customers when required.
• Produce code assets in adherence to departmental standards. Work with design agencies and the user experience team to develop user interface concepts that support the intended purpose.