Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
A Development Lead is expected to line manage a small team responsible for delivery of industry leading software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to lead and manage a highly technical team and must have a strong technical background in order to coach, support and lead the team in order to deliver solutions. The candidate must be take a balanced view on delivery of solutions between architecture, time, cost and quality and be able to communicate effectively to non-technical audiences and stakeholders.
• Influence pan product and execute for their area of product responsibility architecture technologies’ selection and process to create a best in class technical practice.
• Lead the delivery of solutions monitoring progress of the team against the schedule.
• Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders to achieve successful delivery of high quality software products
• Work with Project Managers to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions and identify possible risks.
• Work with 3rd Party ("Indies") where necessary offering direction, support and documentation.
• On-time delivery and own quality of work ensuring it meets the technical standards of the department.
• Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable
• Lead and participate in the architectural design of features early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
• Ensure software conforms to operational requirements of hosting environment.
• Work with test and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the life cycle
• Contribute to, influence and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for their area of product responsibility, making decisions on technologies that stand the test of time
• Build quality directly into the engineering processes and solutions by championing automated testing and test driven development
• Influence and execute on engineering processes that deliver predictable quality, including code reviews.
• Lead and line manage a small technical team of people.
• Set and monitor SMART objectives for the team.
• Build a high performing team, grow and mentor the technical skills within the team and create development opportunities for them.
• Deliver a small product or feature area to specification and with quality via a team including 3rd parties where appropriate
Recognised training qualification e.g. City and Guilds 7307 or Institute of IT Training Certified Trainers Assessment Programme
• Experience of leading a small technical team and setting SMART objectives.
• Experience of leading and developing digital media products – including defining technical roadmaps and delivering Web and embedded software products direct to the consumer
• Understanding and experience in product life-cycle management
• Understanding of the market landscape for digital media products, including consumer attitudes and interaction
• Proficient in coaching/guiding/influencing others on software engineering processes and practices (TDD, BDD, Agile) to build high quality products.
• Flexibility to learn and apply new technologies to build highly scalable software.
• Experience of translating business requirements into project specifications.
• Highly proficient at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles.
• Demonstrable competence in one or more mainstream development frameworks and design patterns for example Spring and REST (JAX-RS).
• Highly proficient with web services (e.g. RESTful services).
• Proficient with HTML, HTTP and XML.
• Good understanding of CSS, XSLT, CMS technologies and Ajax.
• Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by 3rd parties.
• Strong understanding of writing monitoring hooks and using performance-benchmarking tools.
• Basic understanding of writing optimised secure code.
• Using test automation framework, code quality tools and performance analysis tools.
• Understanding of major browsers and browser development tools.
• Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artefacts.
• Working knowledge of major operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux.
Free job description Development lead
• Analyse code quality and continually assess risk to ensure that high quality solutions are delivered.
• Take a view of the product to ensure delivery meets audience ambitions.
• Write, review and take responsibility for clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation.
• Work with all relevant parties on the deployment of services to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments.
• Be the subject-matter expert for the area