Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Development Manager Job Description
To lead on external communications and support the Chief Executive in consolidating and extending partnership and funding base.
1. Marketing & Communications
You will identify corporate and project marketing and communication needs and develop and implement plans to raise awareness of values, programme initiatives and partnerships. This includes:
• Developing an understanding of current and future communication needs and aspirations
• Developing, monitoring and evaluating marketing and communications strategies and action plans to raise corporate profile in relevant sectors
• Working with the CE, OD and respective Project Managers to produce and implement marketing campaigns for various projects and activities; e.g. writing press releases, preparing PR pitches and working with external providers to produce high quality marketing materials
• Developing and maintaining a CRM database
• Consolidating and extending the audience base for work, aiming in particular to attract more non-traditional arts and heritage users
• Marketing to specific target audiences, website visitors and related participants through digital media and similar means (e.g. via social networking sites)
• Developing and maintaining relationships with print and broadcast media and related outlets
• Representing CC at external events as necessary.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will explore potential new areas of partnership and funding to help extend the impact and reach of CC’s work and secure its future sustainability. You will lead on researching these to prepare for targeted approaches to the ones prioritised. This will involve:
• Identifying diverse funding streams and related business development opportunities, in preparation for applying to charitable trusts & foundations and public sector bodies, as well as to secure higher levels of private donations (e.g Gift Aid) and earned income, e.g. through sales of contextual materials (brochures, cds, teachers packs etc)
• Helping to prepare bids for revenue and project grants from public sector funders
• Taking the lead on setting up, developing and managing an online giving mechanism via website to receive regular donations from individuals
• Working with the CE to prioritise new strategic project partners in London and beyond and to develop a framework for future programme collaborations
• Exploring ways of raising new income from the corporate sector including in-kind support, CSR sponsorship and revenue support whilst ensuring that these plans are in line with the organisation’s mission and objectives.
• Managing to an agreed budget
• Reporting to OD, CE, Board and Patrons as required
• Managing relevant interns and volunteers
• Representing CC at external events as necessary
• Any other tasks reasonably required by your line manager.
1. Five years minimum experience in managing events marketing / external communication campaigns for the sector
2. Good understanding of audience and partnership development with impressive interpersonal and networking skills. Good contacts in the sector
3. Good knowledge of the funding environment and an in-depth understanding of the needs and challenges of small voluntary organisations
4. Evidence of experience in helping to prepare funding bids to charitable trusts, foundations and other sources of revenue support for the voluntary sector, including CSR funding from the private sector
5. Highly literate and articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and rigorous attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
6. Proven experience of writing copy and using social media tools for arts marketing campaigns
7. An excellent team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, able to take initiative and work independently whilst also supporting others in small, diverse and highly committed team
8. Analytical and problem solving skills, able to think laterally and creatively
9. Permission to work in the UK
1. A relevant qualification in marketing, communications, PR or business development
2. Commitment to promoting intercultural understanding and a strong identification with mission
3. Excellent digital skills including: expertise in both Mac OS and MS Office; proven experience in CMS; and setting up and managing CRM systems