Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free Job Description Development Manager Technology
The Development Manager will manage a team of developers and testers responsible for delivery of products, and will be the technical lead for their area. As the technical lead the Development Manager will be responsible for the technology across the development stack including java web services, SQL database layer, php/zend presentation layers, client side code, caching and operational monitoring.
• Ultimate ownership and accountability for the non-functional requirements within the applications (whilst encouraging ownership of NFRs by developers
• Work with 3rd party data and software suppliers, managing the technical integration of services and data, and partnering with suppliers to ensure reliability and resilience
• Influence pan product line for the division and execute for their area of product responsibility architecture technologies’ selection and process to create a best in class technical practice
• Build a high performing team of dev leads, grow and mentor the technical and leadership skills within the team and create development opportunities for them
• Line management of developers, testers, and others where necessary with regular personal development catch-ups and appraisals
• Proven track record of leading and developing digital media products – including defining technical roadmaps and delivering Web and embedded software products direct to consumer
• Good understanding of, and ability to coach/guide/influence others on software engineering processes and practices (TDD, BDD, agile) to build high quality product
• Experience of leading a medium-sized team of development staff working to agile delivery methodologies
• Understanding and experience in product life-cycle management
• Understanding of the UK market landscape for digital media products, including consumer attitudes and interaction
• Experience of translating business and editorial requirements into project specifications
• An interest in the development of internet technologies and an understanding of the threats and opportunities they offer
• A background in software engineering, database design, or software design and architecture.
• Demonstrable experience developing software in a SOA paradigm
• Development and administration of Java RESTful web services for example based on JAX-RS, WS, Apache CXF or Spring or equivalent technologies in another object-oriented language
• In-depth knowledge of large scale database design and optimisation, for example in MySQL or Postgres
• Experience working with structured data formats (e.g. RDF, ATOM, XML)
• Understanding and experience of the challenges of scaling large-scale web applications to high volumes of usage and sudden spikes in load
• Experience leading a technical or multi-disciplinary team
• Experience of supplier management, particularly in procuring agencies or outsource providers to execute software architectures or application designs.
• A knowledge of products, output, or infrastructure would be an advantage
• Define the technical strategy and technical roadmap for products, making decisions on technologies that stand the test of time
Working in an agile environment they will support the development team to the deliver the product roadmap, ensuring product releases are performant, scaleable, meet both functional and non-functional requirements, and are of a high quality from a technology point of view.
The Development Manager will take responsibility for live site issues for their products and be a point of escalation for 24x7 operations support and live site teams. The Development Manager define and deliver the technical strategy for their product area.
• Build quality directly into the engineering processes by championing code reviews, automated testing and test driven development and a high degree of relevant test coverage
• Translate requirements into technical specifications and ensure thorough documentation of the services and applications developed
• Manage technical dependencies that are internal and external to the development team, and keep abreast of technical dependencies