Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
To help grow in-house TV documentaries output.
To be able to predict future trends and generate creative, original and viable ideas for documentaries, write exciting programme proposals to tight deadlines, understand documentary singles, series and formats and how they work, and produce genuinely fresh ideas.
• To generate creative and original ideas for new singles, series and formats and help turn these into commissions.
• Building strong relationships with individuals and institutions to gain access for observational singles and series. To this end, setting up meetings with and winning the confidence of these individuals and institutions.
• To interpret ideas and stories in a way which demonstrates an understanding of the artistic potential of the television medium and multi-platform possibilities, effectively conveying the intention, style and mood of potential new programmes.
Not available for this jd
• To ensure programme proposals are developed and presented to a high standard.
• To demonstrate sound editorial judgement based on an understanding of target audience
• To effectively plan and organise self and others taking into account all relevant issues and factors so that projects and work are completed in an efficient and timely way.
• To take an active interest in the strategic issues affecting the organisation and to act in a way which is consistent with the overall interest of the department as a whole.
• The ability to pitch potential programme ideas to department executives and commissioning editors.
• Programme making skills and experience will be key to this role and you may well be required to shoot and edit taster tapes.
• Experienced stylish director with journalistic background and strong track record in documentary programming who can demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of the genre.
• Broad and intimate knowledge of the documentaries genre with an enthusiasm for both popular and serious programming.
• Excellent shooting skills and experience of making distinctive and bold taster tapes.
• Creative and highly imaginative with original ideas and a track record of turning these into reality. Understanding of contemporary needs of the TV marketplace.
• Excellent writing skills with a demonstrable ability to create inspired treatments and pitches.
• Experience of inspiring others in their team as well as winning the confidence of contributors and with the ability to motivate and get the best out of people.
• A detailed understanding of the logistical requirements of TV output and the latest techniques of TV production.
• An understanding of multiplatform possibilities.
• A high level of organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including the confidence and ability to pitch ideas
• Able to demonstrate strong editorial judgement in a fast moving environment. Knowledge of relevant editorial guidelines and awareness of statutory policies and regulations relevant to programme making e.g. producers guidelines, artists' rights, copyright, music copyright, insurance requirements, working with children etc.
• Familiarity with employment practices and policies such as diversity, equal opportunities, and health & safety guidelines.
• Personal qualities which embrace enthusiasm, resilience, confidence and discretion.