Job Summary-Digital and Social Media Officer job description
· Manage all elements of the CMSs, ensuring successful delivery
of content using the trust’s custom built online publishing platforms.
Managing the quality and development of information to improve
experience, access to services and the web user journey. This
will involve checking and approving the work of colleagues, ensuring that editorial is well-written and adheres to our governance requirements.
· Create and edit engaging content, including recording and editing
audio recordings for the trust website, ensuring it is appropriate for
publication for all audiences and is consistent with our house style
· Constant monitoring and listening to what is being said via digital and social media channels including our website patient and feedback sections, coordinating timely and appropriate responses.
· Work with the Internal Communications Officer to develop and improve the intranet.
· Develop SEO to ensure consistent high profile and impact for
brand and services.
· Delivering training, on and off-site, to colleagues on
practical, effective and appropriate use of digital and social media.
· Monitoring and measuring progress using tools such as Google
analytics, producing regular statistical reports and analysis for forward planning.
· Responsible for file management and archiving.
· Working closely with the IT department to ensure that technology supports the interface with IT applications
· Building and managing relationships with external providers and
· Maintaining and developing the corporate identity
Responsible for own administration.
· Working as part of a busy Communications Team, you will be required to support and assist team members to ensure consistent delivery of high quality communications support
· Project managing and collaborating on a number of specific projects.
· Managing allocated budgets for projects, ordering a range of supplies and services ensuring value for money and return on investment.
· Developing an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the range of services provided
· Line management of staff, target setting and performance
The post holder will line manage team members and will be responsible for regular supervision and performance management.
The post holder will manage allocated budgets for projects, ordering a range of supplies and services ensuring value for money and return on investment.
Main responsibilities-Digital and Social Media Officer job description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-Digital and Social Media Officer job description
Specialist knowledge across range of digital and social media with a focus on integration and implementation
underpinned by theory.
Relevant degree and experience with technical qualification.
A minimum of 5 years working within a marketing, communications or public relations related field.
This must include extensive professional experience of wide range of Content Management Systems, development and
implementation of digital and social media including, but not limited to, Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; YouTube; Google+.
Production of analytic reports: SEO; Adobe Creative Suite and MS suite.
Public or private sector.
Technical and visual development of digital media.
Writing and maintaining web code including HTML and CSS
Usability; accessibility issues and W3C guidelines.
Substantial practical experience of web user journeys.
Knowledge of information architecture and user experience principles as well as knowledge of emerging digital trends.
Manage and integrate digital and social media marketing programmes.
Maintaining system databases and CRM systems such as Constant Contact
Delivering training sessions for groups and individuals both on and off site at all levels across the organisation.
End to end project management.
Account management skills acting as interface between user and technical systems.
Persuasive, motivational and negotiating skills.
The analytical and judgemental skills to process a wide range of information and adapt and present it in a format suitable for a range of target audiences including the media, commissioners, staff groups, governors, trust members, service users
Excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
Able to prioritise workload, work in high pressure environments and meet conflicting deadlines.
Excellent writing, editorial and proofreading skills. Able to translate jargon into plain English.
Experience of using online systems to develop and distribute e-bulletins.
It is essential that the postholder is able to organise and lead meetings. They must be at ease working with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as liaising with commissioners, external agencies, members and service users.
Able to work on own initiative.
Analytical approach, able to critically evaluate ideas and data.
Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation.
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Free Job description Digital and Social Media Officer
Implementation of strategies to use these channels to amplify good news stories, achievements, deliver engaging content marketing and ensure all online communications are of the highest standard. Ss the digital and social media expert, will champion these channels - sharing your knowledge and expertise, inspiring, leading and training groups of colleagues at all levels within the organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for:
all aspects of the digital and social media channel
including websites, and content management systems (CMS). This will include development, maintenance, designing, coding and general day to day
‘housekeeping’ to ensure quality, accessibility and functionality in line with national guidance and recommendations and to implement our
Key tasks include:
· Develop and integrate all digital and social media platforms and channels internal and external including websites; YouTube; LinkedIn; Google; Facebook; and Twitter, as well as introducing new channels, platforms and technologies.