Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
The Digital Designer will work on existing company digital platforms, web and mobile, and when required on new products in development. In this role you’ll contribute to different projects, either with your team, with external agencies or independently. Focusing on delivering user experience (UX) and design specifications, such as mock-ups and wireframes, you’ll see that they meet our business needs.
• To understand usability and navigation issues and integrate these into the overall design concept
• Liaising with senior UX staff to ensure that designs communicate the intended message, brand identity and look and feel, and that content structure and information architecture is correct
• To liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure UX work consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and functionality
• To research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
• To take into account and contribute to any existing design styles (eg Global Experience Language) and ensure that any design work for new multi-platform projects supports OR evolves these where appropriate
• To offer expert advice to commercial, product, editorial and technical teams on design and UX principles and technologies (eg what can, and cannot, be done)
• To re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
• To keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
• To share information, ideas and best practice with other UX team members and divisional design/UX teams
• Do best-in-class work to help us win awards
• To comply with safety rules, procedures and guidelines
• To comply with policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience of working in a digital creative agency OR an education with a strong digital design element
• Knowledge of digital commercial revenue streams
• The candidate must have an excellent design portfolio that showcases their skills in creating digital assets, links to personal blogs or Twitter streams are desirable
• Typesetting, design and layout skills
• Some knowledge of accessibility standards
• Knowledge of different digital platforms – web, mobile (iPad and iPhone, BlackBerry, Android), applications
• A passion for digital design
• An eye for detail
• Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
• Patient and flexible
• Good communication skills
Digital Designer Job Description
• Delivering user experience (UX) specifications (wireframes, HTML mark-up specifications, CSS, and final product visual specifications) for projects according to an agreed brief with a high degree of independence
• Ensuring that UX specifications supports necessary business purposes and commercial needs
• Assisting non-UX team members in understanding multi-platform design, Information Architecture (IA), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and related issues
• Exploring and promoting the needs of the user and/or audience profile(s)
• To work on UX projects independently, within a team or in partnership with external teams according to an agreed brief
• To participate in defining the design brief or setting up the design concept to answer the brief for new multi-platform projects
• To develop design ideas and basic concepts into fully worked out UX solutions for new projects
• To have a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with services and make use of this knowledge in the development of new projects
It’ll be your responsibility to research, devise and develop concepts based on the design brief. To support these you’ll prepare material including working drawings, storyboards and layouts.
It’ll call for an extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Flash Actionscript. Whether you’ve worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for digital within your education, you’ll have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills.
Alongside your professional achievements, you’ve also made an impression on the social media sphere with your own blog or regular, persistent tweeting.
Your passion is what drives you to discover the latest technical innovations, and most importantly you’re able to break through the jargon and clearly explain these exciting new developments to your colleagues.