Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Digital Production Manager
The production manager ensures all content fulfilment projects, involving multiple stakeholders are managed smoothly, delivered on time, on budget and to specification.
The position will work across Content & Production, Digital Sales, Creative services, Marketing and external suppliers as well as Global Operations to ensure all material requirements are captured, tracked and delivered
• To be the central point of contact to manage the full project life-cycle of cross-organisational fulfilment projects, while maintaining stakeholder relationships throughout.
• Lead on gathering new client fulfilment requirements and deliverables with Client Services, Fulfilment and sales teams.
• Produce complete project planning schedules including cost projections and ensure suitable tracking measures are put in place.
• Monitoring production processes and standards, implement quality-control programmes as necessary, adjusting schedules and updating affected business areas as needed.
• The role requires high levels of organisation, with strong negotiation skills and the ability to prioritise a large workload according to ever changing business needs.
• Excellent technical knowledge of video master file and ancillary digital distribution to VOD, IPTV, Mobile, DTO, OTT platforms, post production and broadcast industry.
• A proven track record of designing and implementing project planning workflows to manage complex delivery schedules through the use of industry software such as MS Project & Visio.
• Considerable experience of managing all aspects of large, complex digital projects, including pipeline management, content delivery, creative design, broadcast/new media technical infrastructure and marketing.
• Excellent project management, administrative and IT skills and ability to manage multiple data systems.
• A self-motivated team player, a tactful negotiator with excellent people management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with people at all levels both internally and externally, around the world.
• A strong ethic of business process improvement and a drive to innovate around our Operations.
• Familiar with the complexities of digital asset management and content management systems.
• Be flexible and able to meet tight deadlines and work in multidisciplinary teams.
• Able to present complex technical information in an accessible manner
• Ability to empower colleagues with little technical knowledge to develop their ideas.
• Have a methodical approach with attention to detail, be able to quickly assess and act on changing priorities
• The ability to remain calm under pressure is essential, often working to tight deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS - Desirable
Project management certification in one of the formal project management methodologies:
• An Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
• Prince 2
• Build close working ties with the heads of department and manage the collective output of their teams relating to across team initiatives.
• Devise suitable reporting metrics to provide transparency to the fulfilment pipeline
• Establish a monthly review board to ensure all processes and workflows are running at their optimum
• Provide regular planning and delivery schedule reports to senior management.
• As the guardian of best-practices relating multi-stakeholder fulfilment, maintain detailed and accurate records of all such projects.
• Ensure all end deliverables have been produced correctly according to the visual style of digital guidelines.
• Take responsibility for developing and maintaining digital production and publishing workflows.
• Liaise with the Client Services and Fulfilment teams on any issues relating to delivery delays, faulty materials, material replacements etc. to enable Sales staff and clients are across progress
• Ensuring all content adheres to standards and guidelines for files and tapes and passes all appropriate QC checks.
• Facilitate team development and knowledge-share of best-practice digital production techniques
• Initiate projects taking into consideration the most appropriate approach and tool for each piece of work