Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Digital Technician job description
The company has created an in-house Final Cut Pro edit operation to edit and deliver content in the new media environment and create production efficiencies. You will be collaborating with programme makers to deliver programmes to broadcast standards across a range of platforms.
AIM OF THE JOB-To provide ingest and playout services to Final Cut Pro edit suites and basic application support in COMPANY Vision.
• To create DVDs and broadcast master tapes for final Post Production in accordance with technical specifications for the COMPANY. This will include playouts to digibeta and HDCAM SR.
• To advise of any problems in a play-out, to notify office and advise of solution, if necessary, to correct the faults.
• To greet and induct new editors and monitor editors’ media management and take a preventative rather than reactive approach to problem solving in order to ensure a smooth post production workflow.
• To provide basic application support to Final Cut Pro edit suites.
• To advise the maintenance teams of any problems associated with equipment and arrange necessary repairs.
• To follow COMPANY safety requirements and instructions, especially in relation to emergencies and to report any accidents, dangerous situations or defects in safety arrangements.
• Shift work involved on a fixed rota pattern.
• Attend weekly team meetings and regular routines to keep across technical and procedural developments. Keep the Project Co-ordinator up-to-date with any issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience of ingesting HD tape and file-based media.
• Experience in providing a high level of customer care.
• Ability to assess priorities and adapt to fast changing circumstances.
• Able to work calmly under pressure to set deadlines.
• Able to work responsibly and take responsibility for the smooth running of the edit operation.
Good knowledge of the following essential:
1. Technical standards - basic understanding of COMPANY broadcast standards, bars and tone, clocks, Aspect ratios, Title safe.
2. Formats – tape formats, codecs, file formats, scopes, progressive and interlaced media, vitc and bitc, bit rates and audio sample rates.
3. Tape machines – differences between VTRs, Cables, Ref, Down-converting, capable of wiring up a deck correctly.
4. Shared storage - Basic under standing of OSX and finder, with an emphasis on File creation and media management in an xsan environment (preferred).
5. Final Cut Pro - easy setups, user preferences, the Log and capture tool, EDLs, OMFs and other tools for ingesting file-based media.
6. Workflow – a good understanding of the reasons for and importance of structured workflows when taking media through FCP.
Some knowledge of the following preferred:
1. DVD Studio Pro and Compressor - Creating DVDs with menus and chapters and transcoding using compressor
2. Kona cards - hooking up a Kona card and setting up the Kona control panel.
3. Experience of editing on Final Cut Pro.
4. A demonstrable interest in technology and broadcasting would be an advantage.
5. An interest in new media technology, and knowledge of programme making would be an advantage.
6. A knowledge of the working methods of the COMPANY Factual division and its output.
• To ingest both tape and file-based rushes from a wide variety of SD and HD formats for non-linear edits. To trouble shoot if problems arise prior to, during or after capturing. Quality check all captured media.
• Liaise with productions and act as a point of contact on a day-to-day basis building relationships with the Directors and Editors working in the Village, and feeding back to Project Co-ordinator where necessary.
• Carry out media management on XSAN servers and other digital storage to ensure protocols are followed. Run off weekly reports for the Project Co-ordinator and advise re management and deletions.
• Fill in and return forms to the Production Management Assistants to ensure all charging information is captured correctly and costs are recovered from production teams.