Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
4. To support management to meet their accountabilities’ in delivering the outcomes and savings targets for the relevant portfolio; includes ensuring the programmes meets targets without gaps or duplication, and maximize use of resources.
5. Work closely with other Partners’ Transformation Initiatives to identify any potential barriers to delivery as well as sharing of good practices and application of lessons learnt
6. Monitor the progress of the Programmes, ensuring delivery of key milestones within agreed timescales, including the preparation of progress reports and liaise around identified risks that threaten delivery.
7. Prepare highlight, stage and, if necessary exception reports and communicate with management and committees on required approvals and assurance.
8. Lead on the stakeholder engagement required, acting as an ambassador for Transformation, and their enablers.
9. Contribute to growing the community of practice on Portfolio, programme and project management
10. Maintain a sound knowledge of the wider operational framework
11. Liaise and engage with national transformation programmes
Portfolio and Programme Management
12. Ensure delivery of complex programmes of cross-cutting work with multi-million pound spend and benefit profiles
13. Accountable for all elements of Programme delivery success within the portfolio, including management of all planning, delivery and implementation aspects
14. Manage significant programme budgets and provide strategic, inspirational leadership to teams of multi-disciplinary employees from across Partner organisations.
15. Manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants and ensure appropriate skills and talent are identified to fulfil specific project requirements.
16. Devise and own the strategic plan to develop clear transition states for the Transformation Programme and to identify and manage dependencies, gaps and pressures within the Transformation Programme thereby ensuring a consistent approach across the System.
17. Maintain full awareness of the performance of individual programmes, including the identification and resolution of risks, critical issues, and opportunities.
18. Manage resources within the portfolio and work to prioritise resourcing across the Transformation Programme to ensure that sufficient capacity exists to deliver the portfolios’ objective.
19. Develop costing and performance information to enable benchmarking against other comparable programmes, ensuring that value for money is achieved
20. Manage Portfolio and Programme risks and devise appropriate risk management strategies for them.
21. Procure external consultancy support for the programmes according to the host organisation SFIs as required and monitor their performance against an agreed set of deliverables
22. Advise on the establishment and maintenance of robust governance mechanisms that have the confidence of all Partners
23. Assist governance fora to make good quality decisions through timely, accurate and informative reporting and forecasting
24. Support other governance mechanisms as appropriate.
25. Ensure good governance remains central at all times
Stakeholder management, communications and engagement
26. Ensure a high level of engagement in, and ownership of, every aspect of the programme.
29. Build and maintain strong working relationships with a range of external organisations and stakeholders who may wish to contribute to and/or be impacted by the transformation portfolio
30. Promote and represent the aims of the Portfolio externally to promote understanding, ensure appropriate levels of exposure and enhance its reputation
Leadership and management
32. The responsibility of the Transformation Director is to recruit, manage, motivate and develop staff within the team to ensure that they are able to deliver their responsibilities. This will include a PMO, Programme Staff and Business Change staff
33. Managing, motivating and developing staff within the team to ensure that they are able to deliver the responsibilities of the team
34. Transferring expertise and knowledge as appropriate, sharing best practice, capabilities and expertise
35. Developing and maintaining a positive and focused team culture.
Financial and Physical Resources
36. Budget setting and managing relat ed activity, liaising with Finance colleagues to ensure appropriate costings.
37. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Directorate budget, ongoing monitoring of expenditure against budget and ensuring the appropriate documentation is available for scrutiny.
38. Responsible for defining budget required to scope and implement the long term strategic plan.
39. Responsible for providing guidance and management on the procurement of identified products, equipment, services and facilities for assigned Directorate to execute required services – from defining requirements, developing specification, developing bid evaluation methodology, project managing procurement including, achieving stakeholder buy-in, sign off for bid documentation, overseeing bid evaluation, award recommendation and sign off of final deliverables/products as required ensuring they meet the defined levels of quality and value for money. Placing orders and signing invoices, keeping mindful of budget limitations.
40. Responsible for making recommendations, providing advice and able to prepare strategic reports/briefings as required.
41. Act in a way that is compliant with Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions in the discharge of budget management responsibilities.
42. Constantly strive for value for money and greater efficiency in the use of these budgets and to ensure that they operate in recurrent financial balance year on year.
43. Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, including presenting information about the programme and dependencies involving a wide range of stakeholders in formal settings:
44. Establish and manage the Directorate’s risk management, change control and issue resolution processes.
Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
Educated to Masters or equivalent qualification or experience
Portfolio, Programme or Project Management Qualification (P3M)
Evidence of continuing professional development
Experienced at working in a collaborative decision-making group such as a board or other ‘board level’ committee working
Experience of delivering complex, multiple stakeholder Programmes of change
Experience of working collaboratively across organisations to develop partnerships
Experienced at working at a strategic decision making level within a complex environment
Experience of strategic policy development and implementation
Director level experience of managing successful teams or projects
Free Job description Digital Transformation Director
To develop and provide senior leadership to the strategic delivery capacity required to ensure successful implementation and benefits realisation of the digital transformation portfolio.
1. To be responsible for leading and managing a portfolio of programmes through to delivery of new capabilities and realisation of benefits.
2. Establish effective and efficient governance across their portfolio.
3. Ensure the portfolio is aligned with the sponsoring organisations’ aims and objectives.
The role will be focussed on Interoperability but the content and focus of the role will be reviewed from time to time as the role supports the broader digital transformation agenda.
The role will ensure effective delivery mechanisms and robust governance engaging with multiple stakeholders.