Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Director of Accounting job description
The Director of Accounting plans and implements financial and general administration ensures the sound administration of the organization’s financial records; and manages human resources, payroll, and benefits. The Director of Accounting participates in setting policy, program implementation and evaluation, and fiscal oversight.
• Oversee daily accounting procedures, recommend appropriate policies, and establish internal controls to safeguard and grow the assets. Includes preparation of monthly financial reports, payroll, and other routine finance, budget, and accounting functions.
• Supervise accounting staff.
• Orchestrate the creation of the annual budget by working with department Directors Executive Director, and Board Audit and Finance Committee.
• Provide monthly projections based on actual income and spending throughout the fiscal year.
• Work with the Executive Director and staff on planning and implementation of financial systems and administrative plan for future growth
• Serve as staff liaison to the Audit Finance Committee by presenting monthly financial reports, both actual and projected
• Plan and implement payroll and benefits program including insurance, 401K, and personnel actions.
• Supervise and monitor the documentation and implementation of all accounting policies and procedures
• Maintain all legal documents (articles of incorporation, bylaws, contracts, grants, etc)
• Work with CPA firm on preparation and submission of annual tax return.
• Schedule annual audit and supervise preparation of audit work papers.
• Serve as Complaint Monitor for participant and personnel grievances.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in Business, Accounting or related field required. CPA preferred.
Experience in non profit fund accounting may be substituted for degree as determined by Executive Director.
A minimum of two years experience in finance, budgeting, business/personnel administration with another firm or non-profit required. Experience with non-profit accounting and advanced accounting software required (MIP preferred.)
Strong communication skills - written and oral required. Some evenings and weekends required.
High attention to detail and superb organizational skills required. Ability to initiate projects and manage several tasks simultaneously required. Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows applications, Internet, and email required. High professional standards and dedication to staff and participants.