Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Business Manager job description
Director of Digital Editorial job description
The Director of Digital Editorial is accountable for creating and executing the content strategy on the product website. They will work with the product team to deliver products required to achieve the editorial vision. The Director of Digital Editorial will direct the community and customer-service teams to foster rich, rewarding interaction between product website and its customers, users and brand advocates. Working closely with the Commercial teams, the Director of Digital Editorial will ensure content generated stays true to product website editorial guidelines, and also drive commercial gain via advertising, sponsorship and ecommerce.
This position is also accountable for creating attractive content propositions that make effective use of multimedia contributions from product website authors, community and partners.
• Foster a thriving community environment including effective moderation and management of community members.
• Meet legal moderation requirements through personnel and tools.
• Direct the business wide community team, including moderators, to ensure that all contributions and feedback to brand.com are effectively communicated and utilised across both print and digital teams.
• Represent the view of the community in product development decisions.
• Ensure brand.com effectively extends community reach across all relevant social media platforms.
• Manage the curation and integration of community contributions to the brand.com digital offering.
Syndication and commercial
• Contribute to brand.com syndication business by creating commercially valuable editorial propositions and helping develop innovative client offerings.
• Lead editorial elements of propositions which extend brand.com content and editorial to new properties, such as the company homepage widget.
• Actively build and maintain morale levels through open communication and promote activities that foster a sense of team unity and a focus on the achievement of results.
• Manage direct reports to ensure they understand and meet the expectations of their role within their team and within brand.com.
• Proactively and collaboratively set team and individual goals, aligned with brand.com goals, within the annual performance review process.
• Conduct mid-year discussions and annual performance reviews as per the review process to provide your reports with meaningful feedback on their performance against their goals.
• Work toward achieving team and individual goals, demonstrating brand.com relevant core competencies in achieving successful outcomes
• Experience with Agile methodology and working within Agile methodology and working within Agile development teams.
• Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility (WCAG1/2) and usability.
• Strong understanding of XHTML, including semantic mark-up and validation
• Extensive knowledge of CSS, including CSS driven layout and debugging for rapid development; experience with development tools such as Firebug
• Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility, with a strong knowledge of all LP supported browsers. (IE, Firefox, Safari)
• Understanding and practical application of SEO and browser-side performance considerations.
• Experience with User-Centred Design
• Strong experience in an interactive media design environment
• "Production ready" user interface development experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
We are looking for someone with previous senior level experience editing a successful consumer website. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success managing stakeholders and working within cross-functional teams.
• Possess a deep understanding of social media technology and the impacts of Web 2.0 on content.
• Consistently demonstrates diplomacy, problem solving ability and decisiveness.
• A professional down-to-earth persona and creative entrepreneurial energy.
• Ability to negotiate and achieve a balance between needs of competing parties.
• Excellent understanding of web navigation and usability features.
• Familiar with what is occurring within the online market.
• Working knowledge of HTML and other interactive languages, systems integration, browsers, design constraints and capabilities on the internet, and an understanding of opportunities provided from emerging technologies (i.e. AJAX, etc.)
• Experience working within budgets, deadlines and key web metrics.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
• Proven experience leading a professional team.
• Passion for and deep interest in independent travel.
• Relevant qualifications, preferably post graduate.
Editorial Strategy and Delivery
• Take a ‘hands-on’ approach to deliver a regionally relevant, journalistically led editorial strategy for brand across brand.com, social networks and email.
• Liaise and cooperate with the advertising sales teams to ensure creation and communication of an editorial calendar that delivers a saleable proposition to advertisers as well as inspiration and utility for travellers.
• Make brand.com the first and last place for xxxx information by combining curated author, community and ‘best of the web’ content.
• Utilise all brand.com digital platforms, including social-media channels, to deliver compelling content that attracts users and clients to the brand.com brand.
• Manage the editorial team to deliver regularly updated fresh editorial and up-to-date content.
• Own the content budget, working with the Digital team and Finance team to set annual budgets to meet editorial and business objectives, including content acquisition and creation.
• Ensure a rich multimedia, multiplatform proposition.
This enables realisation of a strategy wherein website syndicates relevant content from partners and provides compelling content to clients. Success will be measured by engagement of users of website.com. Key metrics include page views, article sharing and repeat usage.
The Director of Digital Editorial will be a leader in shaping how website product creates, packages and publishes content across digital platforms including social networks, email and syndication to other sites.
The Director should also take an active role in bringing a digital expertise and perspective to content strategy and the editorial/ author community.