Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Director of Group Reporting job description
The role will take responsibility for all consolidated management and statutory reporting across the Group, Financial Planning & Analysis activities (including budgeting, forecasting and five-year plan), advising on technical accounting issues and major non-routine transactions, and ensuring robust financial control across the business.
• Identify, and drive to implementation, continual improvements to the management information, financial systems and decision making practices across the Group, including developing the FP&A function.
• Coordinating the group-wide reporting process, including consolidation of monthly management accounts, forecasts, budgets, key performance indicators and five-year plan for presentation to the Senior Management Team, and Board
• Working closely with divisional Finance Directors, Corporate Finance, Tax and Treasury to ensure consistency of financial reporting and insightful management information; maintaining strong relationships with operational finance teams to ensure that issues are anticipated and resolved constructively on a timely basis.
• Working with divisional Managing Directors, Finance Directors and finance teams to provide support, analyse and challenge Group results, identifying opportunities to improve the financial performance of the Group.
• Managing statutory financial reporting for the Group to PLC standards, including liaising with group external auditors to ensure that interim and year-end audits are well planned and coordinated; and production of the Annual Review document in conjunction with the Communications team.
• Ensuring that financial control is maintained across the Group, including robust governance processes and that the Audit Committee is satisfied with these processes.
• Coordinating the documentation of financial processes and controls across the Group, including identification of areas for improvement and remediation.
• Assisting the Managing Directors and their teams to develop commercial solutions to proposed equity and financing deals, ensuring that accounting treatments comply with current regulations.
• Providing commercial technical accounting support and advice to operational teams.
• Building, managing and motivating the Group Finance Team to deliver quality output to deadline. Managing their career development and overseeing the development of a talent management plan for the wider finance community.
• Ad hoc projects as required.
• Qualified accountant (ACA preferred) with experience gained in a commercial environment. Experience of management and statutory reporting, FP&A and group consolidation in a complex multinational company.
• Confident, skilled communicator with extensive experience of managing relationships and influencing at all levels.
• Strong business acumen and commercial awareness of financial performance issues in a cross-media business.
• Ability to identify issues and develop pragmatic solutions; present such solutions in a clear, concise, robust yet diplomatic manner.
• Ability to build and lead a motivated and collaborative team.
• Drive and enthusiasm, and a desire to assist the business in achieving an ambitious growth strategy.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver output, flexibly and in a pressurised environment.
• Demonstrable experience of identifying and implementing process improvements in a complex environment and a commitment to improve the effectiveness of reporting across the Group and to use this reporting to influence business decisions.
• Excellent and current technical accounting skills
• A genuine passion for the business