Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Director of Human Resources Job Description
• To build a HR infrastructure, including the design and management of key HR practices and procedures that are aligned with the organization strategy and objectives
• Develop and track all consultants, vendors and lease contracts.
• Create and updated Personnel Policies.
• Create and maintain current job descriptions for all employees.
• Set up and maintain department files including employee personnel files and benefit files.
• Liaison with Senior Vice President on employee relations.
• Assists with employee functions such as service recognition, holiday party, annual meeting staffing, etc.
• Assist in agency audits and prepares material for 5500’s. Prepare compliance reports to include legal postings.
• Prepare Charitable Registrations for all states.
• Prepares payroll using Paychex
• Registration with State/local for payroll and withholding taxes.
• Liaison with Paychex to maximize service
• Review and transmit monthly pension to TIA
• Review of business process and practices in order to contain costs and optimize revenue.
• Coordinate and oversee day-to-day administrative activities such as purchase of office supplies, equipment, and consumable items.
• Maintains Staff Emergency List and in charge of Emergency Program, acts as fire warden and conducts floor safety inspections, evacuation plans, etc.
• Oversee master keys.
• Act as liaison in conduction annual insurance and benefit review.
• Acts as overall Office Manager in dealing with major issues such as air/heat, overall presentation, etc.
• Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and general database software. Excellent written and verbal skills. Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision. Strong knowledge base in multi-state tax and HR laws.
• Ensures company is compliant with all federal, state, and local human resources laws. Recruit for vacant positions and coordinate new hire process including selection, interview with hiring manager, reference/background checks, job offer and new hire orientation.
• Coordinate performance management initiatives.
• Identify areas for staff development and coordinate training and delivery.
• Handles all administrative tasks in benefit administration including new hire enrollment, employee changes and terminations, reviews monthly billing, COBRA, pension, payroll, etc. Distributes and documents plan documents.
• Responsible for maintaining the time and attendance records for all staff and reporting back to staff their usage.