Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
`Christmas is a pain in the arse`
Fun Christmas song by
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Divisional Manager job description
The Divisional Manager will be a key member of the Division’s senior operational management team, working closely with the Divisional Director and others to develop and deliver a range of services in keeping with the Division’s operational functions
and those of the wider Trust.
In this role there is an expectation that the post holder will provide professional management support, leadership and expertise to ensure that services are effectively
2. Work with the Divisional Director and other senior managers in formulating strategic and operational plans in partnership with other organisations, leading and coordinating delegated areas of work.
3. Work with the Divisional Director and other senior managers to ensure that all key national and local performance targets are met.
4. Communicate and promote the vision, values, objectives and priorities of the Trust effectively to staff, partners and the public.
5. Work with the Divisional Director and other senior colleagues to ensure that the operation of clinical services is well co-ordinated and opportunities for joint working are utilised.
6. Ensure that systems are applied within the Division to make sure that all Health and Safety issues are addressed as required and that all relevant standards are met.
7. Implement performance monitoring systems throughout the division, ensuring that service managers are clear about the targets to be achieved.
8. Take a proactive approach to working in partnership with other Divisions to ensure the appropriate configuration of services and resources across the Trust.
9. Implement the redesign and reconfiguration of existing services to meet the modernisation agenda.
10. Ensure that services are recovery based and service users and carers are at the centre of service provision.
11. Take an overview of the common functions of the division to ensure that efficiencies are gained from the configuration of services and that good practice is routinely shared and implemented.
• First degree or equivalent professional qualification
• Management qualification
• Practice qualification in speciality
• Related Masters qualification (practice/management) or equivalent experience
• Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Knowledge and Experience
• Extensive experience at senior management level within the NHS at band 8a level and above
• Managing performance and resources in complex environments
• Developing effective networks and partnerships
• Managing integrated health and social care services (as appropriate)
• Effective inspirational leadership
• Evidence of service delivery and a track record of success
• Leading investigations
• Leading service redesign and complex organisational change
Skills an abiliies
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills
• Well developed presentation skills
• Able to develop working partnerships and alliances
• Able to manage conflict
• Well developed project management skills
• Experience of consultation and stakeholder
• Statutory and legal frameworks within Health and Social Care
• Problem solving and negotiation techniques
• An understanding of the wider issues affecting local Government (as appropriate)
• Able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of national policy in respect of specialist area
• Self motivator
• Self confident
• Flexible (must be willing to work across the Black
Country and Divisions)
• Ability to motivate others
• Values others
and efficiently delivered. The Divisional Manager will also play a key role in ensuring
quality, consistency and fairness across all services.
The Divisional Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating business planning within the Division in line with the Trust’s strategic Business Plan and for ensuring that the Division operates within a framework of robust management and governance systems that meet all relevant performance and quality standards.
The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring and strengthening partnership working and planning within and across the Division, developing relationships with others to support continuous improvement in services.
1. Support the Divisional Director, Executive Team and the Trust Board in delivering
the Trusts strategic objectives and support the strategic development of the division, co-ordinating the divisional resources as required.
12. be responsible for ensuring safe, effective, efficient services are delivered within the resources allocated. Taking every opportunity to be creative to achieve best value.
13. Undertake sound financial management principles and control to plan and monitor budget expenditure, provide internal cost control and realise cost improvements, generating and implementing any required actions or contingency plans to meet targets set.
14. Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff and be responsible for the objective setting, appraisal and development of senior staff.
15. Be responsible for the investigation and management of all complaints and ensure that they are dealt with efficiently and effectively, meeting agreed standards of complaints and act as required as the investigating officer.
16. Monitor the delivery of performance development and modernisation plans.
17. Ensure that actions generated from the integrated reporting systems are monitored and reviewed monthly, challenging actions within your service that do not appear to address the exceptions and support managers to review these actions accordingly.
18. Ensure that all staff in the Division are annually appraised and have a personal development plan which supports the individual and the Trust agenda.
19. Play a key role in the personal and professional development of Service Managers by providing ongoing support, training and regular structured supervision sessions.
20. Lead the co-ordination and implement service improvement plans in response to inspections by regulatory bodies.
21. Ensure that the capability, conduct and performance of every member of staff is constantly assessed and appropriate action taken to address shortfalls.
22. Ensure the establishment and maintenance of good relationships and communication throughout the Division and with the wider Trust, promoting a culture where clinical staff and others are actively involved in the decisions on how services are provided and targets delivered.
13. Ensure that the Trust visions and values are clearly communicated and that all staff are clear about what is expected of them.
24. Deputise for the Divisional Director acting up into the position during periods of leave/absence.
25. Promote a professional Divisional management team by role modelling behaviour, communication and approach to work.
26. To work with the Divisional/Clinical Director and Service/Clinical leads in ensuring that appropriate Clinical Governance measures are in place to ensure safe, effective and efficient services.
27. Work closely with clinicians, managers and other staff to ensure that service areas are providing optimum quality of care in line with national healthcare standards/guidance including the Care Quality Commission and local health care targets (CQUIN/QUIPP).
28. Ensure that service areas employ robust risk management systems for quality and safety improvement and lessons learnt.
29. Participate in Trust wide on call duties.
30. Ensure appropriate representation from the Division into the Trust Development & business planning processes.
31. Contribute to the development and delivery of the Divisional annual business plan.
32. Lead on the development of service business plans, ensuring that these are produced in readiness for the divisional plan to be developed
33. be responsible for ensuring that Service Managers in conjunction with the Business Team employ a consistent and high quality approach to the production and monitoring of business plans, and that they are completed and reviewed within the agreed schedule.
34. Ensure that services are planned and delivered with sensitivity to the diversity of the communities it serves.
35. Ensure that clinical services are marketed effectively to existing and new commissioners.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and the job description may be added to or otherwise varied from time to time in agreement with the Director of Service Delivery and the post holder.