Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions-medical careers, medical software, doctor jobs
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
• The Specialty Doctor is required to promote early and appropriate response to patients according to triage times
• To formulate a diagnosis and develop a management strategy or plan for each patient
• Review any concerns regarding diagnosis or management of patients by other medical staff, if necessary in consultation with the Lead Consultant
• To provide relief for the patient's acute pain or distress where possible and as quickly as possible
• Provide patient management in accordance with Emergency Services protocols, practice standards and trust policies
• To provide written and/or electronic documentation of patient care. To record either a definitive or differential diagnosis indicating further investigations and/or management decisions, current and newly prescribed medications and dosage.
• To ensure patients who are requiring admission to hospital have appropriate admission documentation completed and a formal transfer of the patient from emergency to the admitting clinical team has occurred
Doctor Emergency Medicine job description
• MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• Full registration with the GMC at time of appointment
Four years full-time postgraduate training (or it’s equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a speciality training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term speciality trainee in a relevant speciality or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
Evidence of achievement
Foundation competencies by time of appointment in line with GMC standards
ST1/CT1 competencies in a relevant speciality at time of application and likelihood of achieving ST2/CT2 competencies in a relevant speciality by the start date of the post.
Special specific skills related to this post
Good Clinical skills and broad clinical knowledge
• Ability to work well as part of a team
Research and Audit
Awareness of audit requirements
Previous participation in audit
Good communication skills:-
Non-judgemental approach to patients
Initiative / drive / enthusiasm
Doctor Emergency Medicine. The Accident and Emergency Department provides a 24-hour day facility for the reception and immediate care of all types of Emergency cases. There is a typical case mix including major and minor trauma, psychiatric, medical, surgical and paediatric emergencies.
Unless the hospital is full, all medical and surgical acute admissions go directly to the admission unit or a ward.
To participate, under the direction of a consultant in emergency medicine, in emergency department clinical audits, i.e. review of the appropriateness of investigations, laboratory and X-ray procedures; review of complaints; review of case notes; review of attendance times and response to the triage nurse codes; review of deaths occurring with the service
• To participate in annual staff appraisals
• To actively participate in development of departmental policies, systems and processes as a senior member of staff.
• Active involvement in audit and the development of departmental policies.
• Play an active role in the day to day management and administration of the Emergency Department.
• Internal cover is built into the middle grade rota for annual leave and sick leave.
• The post holder undertakes to be available such irregular commitments outside normal reserved duties as are essential for the continuity of patient care.
• Purchasing Authorities are setting Clinical Quality Standards as part of their contracts. All clinical staff are expected to aim to work to these standards and to any additional standards requested by the Trust Board.