Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Together with the Managing Editor, to provide professional leadership in publishing to ensure the on-going success of the Journal.
Editor Job Description
2. Liaise with the Production Editor (employed by the Publisher) regarding accepted manuscripts, proofs, issue composition and content-quality aspects of production.
3. Ensure that sufficient scientific content is accepted for publication and ready for press to meet publication requirements to be determined by the Managing Editor.
• Proven leadership and management skills.
• Demonstrated literary skill and keen attention to detail.
• Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills.
• Affinity and experience with information technologies and their application to publishing.
• Excellent work ethic.
• Confidence and competence in the social and media environment.
• Honesty, integrity and an understanding of the significance of confidentiality
• Demonstrable effective interpersonal and negotiation skills - you must be genuine but effective dealing with multiple stakeholders
• Must have a sense of humour, enjoy working hard to achieve results
• Must be comfortable delegating while ensuring staff feel supported
4. Manage all aspects of communication with authors and referees in order to develop and maintain excellent relationships and cooperation.
5. To produce a brief summary or digest of the articles published in each issues suitable for communication to members within five working days of the beginning of each month prior to publication.
6. To solicit contributions and be responsible for at least one Feature Series of articles annually, on a theme approved by the Editorial Board, unless otherwise agreed with the Managing Editor.
7. Assist in the development and maintenance of editorial standards, policy and procedures.
8. Be responsible for selection of contributions for inclusion and the final content and appearance of each issue including the front cover.
9. Be responsible for the effective liaison with the Managing Editor and Editorial Board on all matters relating to invited and submitted articles and all published content.
10. Issue a written report to the Managing Editor and Editorial Board prior to each Editorial Board meeting on all matters relating to editorial policy, process and journal content, including a summary of the status of all papers invited or submitted.
To manage all aspects of manuscript selection, peer-review and editing, and liaison with the Production Editor regarding accepted manuscripts, proofs, issue composition and quality aspects of production to ensure a quality journal of international standing.
To manage all aspects of communication with authors and referees, developing and maintaining excellent relationships, editorial standards and contributing to the development of editorial policy and procedures.
1. Under the direction of the Managing Editor, work effectively with the Assistant Editors and editorial staff to manage all aspects of manuscript selection, peer-review and scientific editing to ensure the generation of high-quality content in accordance with editorial policy and procedures
11. Assist in the formulation of editorial standards, policy and procedures and to provide leadership by perceiving opportunities and directions
12. Develop and maintain up-to-date guidelines for authors on the website.
13. Ensure a list of referees who have contributed to articles published each calendar year is published annually in the January issue of each volume.
14. Manage other administrative tasks as are necessary
15. If working as a contractor and working from the contractor’s own premises, provide adequate communications facilities via telephone, fax and high-speed internet connection to enable efficient communications with the office and all related parties.
16. Attend Editorial Board meetings as often as is practical,
17. Perform work with due diligence and in a competent, careful and professional manner
18. Keep all submissions, correspondence, transactions, records and information secure and in strict confidence during the period of this contract and also after its termination.