Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To support the expanding operational processes and the move to extra platforms and new territories.
To manage all aspects of the Content Delivery workstream and ensuring that as the service expands the operational process continues to deliver content selected by the Editorial team on time and to standards.
Editorial Operations Manager job description
• Under direction from the Head of Editorial Operations assist in the management of all aspects of content delivery and workflow including rights management and clearance, Content ingest and transcoding, availability entry within Playmaker, Metadata and compliance and to ensure weekly publish targets are met and 100 hours of content is delivered to the service monthly and on time.
• Working with the Operations and Editorial team to ensure process workflows are followed and planning upstream takes place to prevent potential issues or bottlenecks.
• Working with the Head of Editorial Operations when new territories or platforms are rolled out to ensure that Operations can fulfil and deliver to launch timescales.
• Working with Content Manager to manage the content workflow documents and to ensure the wider teams are aware of content volumes and that these are updated on a daily basis.
• Managing the Operational Process from content list through to delivery and ensure each part of the process is delivered on time.
• Work with the Head of Editorial Operations to review and develop existing operational process to ensure timely delivery of content
• Work with Scheduling team in regards entry of availability and compliance information
• To monitor content ordering against Editorial Ingest and Transcode Budget.
• With the Head of Editorial Operations to investigate ways to optimize performance and reporting to Product Owner any developments needed by the team.
• Managing the Product Backlog from an Editorial Operations point of view.
• Managing the first stage Compliance gathering process and ensuring this information is delivered to the local territory team for further processing on time.
• Ensure content selected for release in the Australian territory has the appropriate guidance icon entered into Playmaker.
• To deputise for the Head of Editorial operations Manager in his/her absence.
• To manage reporting from Playmaker to ensure team has the reports required in order to make content feasibility decisions.
• Working with Head of Editorial Operations, The Head of Scheduling, the Product Manager and Business Analyst to ensure that on roll out on new devices/platforms/territories all content management systems are editorially and operationally fit for purpose.
• Work with Editorial and Community Executive to investigate and resolve any issues brought to light through social media platforms.
• With the Content Manager manage the relationship with the Product Development team in regards to ORAC TV and VIDEO and ensuring content required by the Global iplayer is entered in good time.
• Excellent editorial judgement gained in a senior editorial role, the ability to demonstrate a balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of the audiences’ needs, editorial and other guidelines and departmental objectives.
• A strong track record in VOD or interactive services and extensive experience of delivering high quality, innovative creative content for an online audience, with an awareness of key competitors and best practice on similar services.
• A deep knowledge of and passion for programming across channels and genres, with understanding of programme types, viewing habits and VOD audience tastes.
• Knowledge and understanding of ingest and transcode processes and digital file delivery.
• Ability to operate at a strategic level, with an analytical and logical approach to editorial development. Understanding of short, medium and long-term objectives with an understanding of changing audience needs as the service evolves.
• Experience of viewer research and analysis to have gained a thorough knowledge and understanding of how audiences watch television and on-demand services.
• Ability to multitask and manage large volumes of information, with thorough, accurate and excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to remain confident and assured to sustain performance under pressure where there are highly complex and contentious issues, conflict of interests and unreceptive contacts.
• Detailed knowledge of the structure of editorial policies and guidelines as they relate to this role.