Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Responsible for ensuring that electrical engineering maintenance, including specialist contract work is carried out to the appropriate standards and specifications as required
Communication & Relationship Skills
5 years experience in a specialist engineering role providing expert information to senior managers
5 years experience of procuring and managing engineering contractors and suppliers
Knowledge, Training & Experience
Minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in an engineering related discipline
Membership of an appropriate Professional Body such as Chartered Engineer registration with the Engineering Council
Up-to-date training on compliancy requirements in relation to:
High and Low voltage electrical systems
Analytical & Judgement Skills
5 years experience in a position as Responsible/Competent person
Planning & Organisational Skills
Proven skills in long term project programming for critical engineering system replacement/renewal
Responsibility for Policy/Service Development
Long standing familiarity with engineering compliance legislation and HTMs informing proven skills in reviewing, developing and up dating policies and procedures
Responsibility for Financial Resources
Familiarity with good practice procurement process and procedures
Responsibility for Information Resources
Familiarity with asset management software,
including works ordering packages
Free Job description Electrical Engineer
6. Undertake electrical engineering projects/maintenance for the replacement, repair or enhancement of systems
ESTATES & CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
7. Support the Senior Engineering Manager in the adequate provision, operation and maintenance of the electrical systems.
a. High Voltage (HV) distribution systems
b. Low Voltage (LV) distribution systems
c. Emergency standby generator plant and distribution systems
d. UPS systems
e. IPS systems
f. BMS Systems
g. Fire Alarm Systems
h. Emergency Lighting
i. Portable Appliance testing (PAT)
8. Assist in the managing of specialist external contracts for the maintenance and validation of the electrical engineering services.
Undertake regular contract performance reviews on contractors. Develop and agree Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) appropriate to specific service contracts and monitor contractor performance against the agreed KPIs. Where performance is not acceptable ensure the issues are raised with the contractor and that appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to improve performance to the agreed standards.
9. Ensure that all contractors undertaking work on electrical systems fully comply with Control of Contractors Policy and procedures and that all appropriate documentation and permits such as Permits to Work, Risk Assessments and Method Statements are correctly implemented.
10. Carry out any other works as required, deemed appropriate by the Senior Engineering Manager and or the Assistant Estates Director (Operations & Assurance) after consultation with the post holder.
1. Manage the electrical infrastructure and equipment including standby emergency generators, as required by
2. Provide specialist engineering knowledge and advice ensuring that electrical maintenance management systems reflect good practice in accordance with H&S legislation
3. Ensure that the electrical systems asset register is maintained and all such assets are compliant with statutory requirements.
4. Perform the role of Authorised Person (AP) for the Low Voltage (LV) and High Voltage (HV) electrical systems and other engineering systems
5. Provide risk based assessments of all maintenance activity to ensure excellent value for money in maintaining the estate