Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To be responsible for assisting in the provision of a quality, efficient, responsive, flexible & effective Electrical Maintenance service.
Electrical Maintenance Job description
• Routine Fault finding, testing, manufacturing, replacing, isolation, modifying, inspecting, improving, installing, maintaining and repairing of all electrical services, plant and equipment in compliance with all good practice guides, operational maintenance manuals and statutory requirements. Be proactive with regard to all forms of maintenance, good site husbandry and security. Working to specifications and drawings, responsible for ensuring completion minimising waste within set dates and times.
• To understand and adhere to the Organisation Health and Safety at Work policy, Fire procedures, Manual handling, Health and Safety at Work Act, adherence to set Engineering standards in accordance with health and safety requirements, ensuring safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
• To carry out general repairs and planned preventative maintenance on all types of plant clinical and non clinical including, nurse call, air conditioning/ventilation etc, as directed by the Electrical Supervisor.
• Work alone, in a team, demonstrating trade techniques to apprentices, occasionally assisting other trades and contractors when required.
• When working with a Band 2 tradesperson to be responsible for the guidance/supervision of their work.
• To have the ability to carry out minor duties of other trades when required.
• Attend all training and lectures when requested by the Maintenance Supervisor to assist with continual and personal development.
• To adhere to the Estates Department code of dress being very well presented, wearing the supplied uniform at all times.
• To participate in the Estates Department Labour Performance Management Scheme.
• The postholder will be part of a district wide ‘on call’ team and must respond to call outs. Also cover breakdowns and emergencies in and out of normal working hours when requested.
• Must remain professionally up to date with all statutory and legal requirements of the trade, attending all training offered by the Organisation such as electricity at Work Regulations, safe use of ladders/scaffold, COSHH, fire lectures, resuscitation and manual handling etc.
• To respond in a prompt, effective and polite manner to all Hotline (2000) related reactive maintenance issues and requests.
• Carry Organisation communication devices assisting in the immediate response to emergencies.
• To take part in regular performance appraisals.
• To contribute to and work within a safe working environment.
NVQ3 or equivalent
Latest Edition IEE certification
Inspection and testing certification
Low voltage competent person training
Ability to install, maintain and repair electrical services, plant and equipment
Computer literate on building management systems and software
Good experience of working in an electrical environment -
Preferably in a organisation
Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to learn new skills
Ability to travel between sites
Able to join on-call team
Undertake out of hours working when required
• To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects, maintaining accurate records, documentation and signatory in areas of responsibility.
• Carry out statutory testing, portable appliance testing, documenting and record keeping.
• Any other duties in line with the grade as requested to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
• Understand and use the computer based building management system.