Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions-medical careers, medical software, doctor jobs
Emergency Nurse job description
The role of the Nurse Practitioner is to work autonomously within the Minor Injury Unit
Knowledge,Education, Qualifications and Training
• RGN Educated to diploma level or Paramedic qualification.
• Autonomous practitioner /Emergency Care Practice degree level or higher qualification.
• Knowledge & skills in Minor Injuries for both adults & children.
• IR(ME)R training certification.
Experience and Achievement
• Awareness and understanding of current issues affecting patients in a Minor Injury setting
• Recent experience in an acute setting
Skills, abilities and competencies, including special skills, e.g. verbal, written, driving
• Awareness of the specific needs of patients admitted to a Minor Injury Unit.
• Skilled in suturing/plastering/venepucture/cannulation. X-ray requesting & interpretation.
• Able to administer medicines using PGD’s.
• Competent in the usage of ECG machine, computer skills.
• Good communication skills (verbal & non verbal) required across a multidisciplinary team.
Personal qualities and Aptitudes,
e.g. interpersonal skills, tact, flexible working, influencing working.
• A willingness to work flexibly
• Ability to work in a busy environment.
• Ability to prioritise and organise a clinical workload effectively
• The ability to develop effective and supportive working relationships with colleagues
• Development and maintenance of a multi-disciplinary service that ensures the best clinical outcome for patients at all times.
• The Nurse Practitioner will work as an autonomous practitioner assessing, diagnosing, providing treatment and discharge plan (or transfer of care) for patients in accordance with protocols, policies and procedures.
• Able to prioritise own patient care and workload effectively. Accountable for own actions.
• Responsible for, and ensures that all patient data is accurate.
• Provide accurate records which are legible, complete and reflect the holistic assessment according to clinical protocols, whilst demonstrating the need for respecting confidentiality.
• Independently administer an agreed range of medication according to patient group directives and in accordance with policy
• Independently request and interpret xrays and formulate a diagnosis and definitive treatment plan in accordance with policy.
• The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for referring a patient to another health care professional/specialist, where appropriate, for further treatment or follow up.
• The Nurse Practitioner will provide a Minor Injury review clinic on a daily basis.
• Promote a culture that offers advice and education to patients to enable them to manage their own care, helping to prevent future illness/accidents, and promote good health.
• Be knowledgeable and able to assess and instigate emergency treatment for all patients attending the Minor Injury Unit.
• Be competent and up to date in all child protection issues and adhere to policies and procedures at all times. Responsible for liaising and referring any concerns/issues to the appropriate discipline.
• Be competent and up to date with clinical skills and education:
o Resuscitation of Adults and Paeds
o Anaphylaxis management
o Local anaesthesia/digital ring block
o Xray request/interpretation
o Emergency Contraception
o Minor ailments
• Able to communicate very sensitive complex condition-related information using a range of interpersonal skills
• Responsible for ensuring competence checking, use and maintenance of all department equipment.
5. Personal Development
• Take responsibility for own professional development and the advancement of clinical skills. Ensure up to date with professional change and development.
• Undertake education and training, as required, in order to develop personal competence, service development and Business Plan, e.g. prescribing course.