Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
The postholder will plan, direct and manage the Council`s emergency planning services to ensure compliance with the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
* initiating the planning, direction and implementation of the emergency response arrangements.
* direct and control the arrangements made to give effect to emergency planning legislation and other related functions, risk assessment and business continuity.
* providing professional advice on current and new statutory resilience duties and related matters and to revise the emergency planning, training and response strategies accordingly.
* liaising with and actively supporting all recognised local, regional and national organisations with responsibility for emergency planning which benefits the local authority, partners and the wider community.
* To report on all aspects of emergency planning work required under CCA2004 to the relevant Cabinet Member, committees, or other groups as required.
* To report to the management team on any routine or emergency aspect of the emergency planning function.
* Knowledge and understanding of local government practices and procedures.
PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION Job description Emergency Planning Manager
Excellent communication skills are essential for this role as you will be required to take the lead at seminars and meetings and when engaged in multi-agency management groups.
Membership or Fellowship of a professional Society or Institute (e.g. the Emergency Planning Society, Business Continuity Institute, Institute of Civil Defence and Disaster Studies) is also required.
Emergency Planning Manager job description
Requirements to include:
* A working knowledge of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
* Ability to design and implement policies and procedures across organisational boundaries.
* Ability to translate national policy requirements into local action plans.
* Experience of Project Management, planning, preparation and completion.