Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Enterprise Architect Job Description
To define an information technology systems architecture where technical objectives are clearly aligned to business goals.
Develop and sustain strong relationships with executives, understanding their needs, translating them into a technical vision and producing the strategic plan to realise it. Ensure the architecture is complete and fit-for-purpose in terms of its ability to address stakeholder requirements in a cost effective manner balancing the desire for short term tactical improvements against long term aims and gains.
• Ensure the current architectural landscape is fully understood and appropriately documented. Identify and prioritise areas for transformation and champion these within the framework of overall change for the organisation.
• Create and maintain a clear architectural vision which represents the 3 – 5 year technology roadmap for the organisation and the key milestones required to achieve this. As milestones are reached, new technologies emerge, business strategy or the market changes, continuously review the strategy to ensure its validity and appropriateness in enabling ORGANISATION to continually achieve its business goals.
• A career history showing progression within architectural roles within a challenging, changeable environment comprising multiple business systems and a need for synergy
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to relay complex technical issues to a non-technical audience in an engaging and informative manner
• Proven analytical, problem solving and design skills – able to visualise large, complex situations and break them into component parts to drive appropriate actions
• Experience of a range of systems development practices and methods with a good understanding of the relevance of each when considering various types of technical change programme
• A track record of delivering world class architecture solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factor. Understands that business profitability is paramount.
• In depth knowledge of technology solutions, trends and techniques with a clear understanding of what future technology can mean for business
• Able to resolve differences professionally and effectively when projects are intent on a certain direction that may differ from the architectural vision and roadmap
• Able to recognise when going off piste (i.e. making exceptions to the architectural vision) is the right thing to do whilst being persuasive enough to encourage the majority of projects to adhere to the vision adnd eliver within it
• Pragmatic in approach and highly delivery focused. Experience of enabling the delivery of business change / development through facilitation of solutions, within large scale, complex programmes across multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of architecture development tools and techniques, TOGAF, Zachman etc.
• Experience of working with senior management to develop business plans and ensuring alignment with IT strategy with the ability to articulate complex technical solutions to a variety of business opportunities
• Knowledge of IT controls and governance procedures including technology risk assessment and mitigation strategies
• Educated to degree level in an information technology discipline, ideally with an architectural/strategy or systems analysis focus
• Able to develop and maintain a good understanding of ORGANISATION Worldwide’s business, its aims and objectives and to keep these in mind when undertaking own accountabilities.
Communicate actively with technical and non-technical communities to ensure they fully understand the technology vision and how to apply this when designing/delivering projects & services.
• Prepare and present the architectural vision and roadmap for regular review and formally sign-off (at least annually).
• Actively champion and communicate the architectural vision and roadmap to all stakeholders in a manner that is inclusive, appropriate for the intended audiences and readily comprehensible.
• Maintain an active understanding of key business drivers, major strategic initiatives and changes in the external market to ensure the architectural vision and roadmap remains relevant and adds value to ORGANISATION as a whole.
• Support the Technology Development and Operations teams in building technology roadmaps for each business area, ensuring these actively contribute to the 3 – 5 year vision and collectively add up to a coherent whole. Provide technical leadership on change programmes ensuring there is a clear architectural direction and wherever possible, projects are moving our technology landscape to the designed and desired architectural future.
• Identify where tactical solutions take us away from the desired architectural vision. Ensure plans are in place and acted upon to resolve any architectural cul-de-sacs arising from tactical change.
• Continually assess the effectiveness and suitability of technology for the needs of the business. Evaluate alternative business solutions to technology needs including partnerships, outsourcing and insourcing options, presenting these options without bias.
• Provide an area of specialist architectural knowledge and insight for ORGANISATION e.g. data architecture/ modelling, SOA, network topology, e-commerce, CRM, security, etc gained from previous technical hands-on experience in one of these areas.
• Develop architectural standards and principles that demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of the business direction of ORGANISATION and which can be readily applied in all change programmes/projects.
• Understand how architecture methodologies such as TOGAF and Zachman can add value to the architectural approach and disciplines required at ORGANISATION and utilising them where appropriate