Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Environmental Scientist job description
Will be fully engaged in performing Phase I and Phase II due diligence projects. The position is approximately 75% office work and 25% field work on industrial, commercial and federal sites
· Will independently evaluate and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform technical tasks, field tasks, studies, and analysis with ongoing review from project team management.
· Assists in preparing routine soil and groundwater reports and technical reports.
· Review field reports prepared by staff specialists; provides technical guidance to field personnel.
· Collects data in complex field situations without supervision.
· Prepares estimates and assist in preparation of large-scale proposals.
· Calculates and manages project budgets for the Project Manager.
· Organizes field work and assigns tasks to staff specialists and technicians.
· Contacts vendors; researches literature and regulatory requirements.
· BS or MS in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related technical field.
· 4+ years of environmental experience.
· Our ideal candidate has 4+ years of Phase I and Phase II due diligence experience.
· Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, attention to detail and track record of quality work products.
· Experience performing independent analysis and problem solving.
· Demonstrated organizational skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge.
· Demonstrated experience working successfully in a team environment.
· Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
· Must pass drug test, background check, physical and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
· Experience working within TCEQ and EPA framework a plus.
· Knowledge of TRRP rules.
· Well-versed in Microsoft Business suite.
· Texas Corrective Action Project Manager (CAPM) preferred but not necessary depending on qualifications.
· Additional duties may include developing current and new clients as necessary.
· As member of a design team, or in support of more senior staff, prepare plans and specifications
· Field activities include evaluating soil borings, groundwater monitoring well installations and collecting soil, groundwater, surface water and sediment samples, as well as documenting field activities.
· Will subcontract and oversee remediation contractors and collect data from soil and groundwater remediation systems.
· May also assist the Project Manager in monitoring project performance and budgets to assure quality product and timeliness to meet client expectations.