Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To support the Executive Director by; Managing correspondence; Acting as "gatekeeper,"; Determining the importance/priority of scheduled events/meetings for allocation of the executive's time; Managing projects as required; Act as proxy for in meetings or communications; planning travel, expediting routine emails.
* Maintain calendar; ascertain which events require boss’s presence
Fix commitments to maximize boss’s time efficiency; Allow decision/desk time
* When boss chairs meetings:
-Prepare agenda in advance
-Arrange meeting facilities
-Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes
* Perform to earn boss’s full confidence
* Assure discreet handling of all business
* Screen to control interruptions
* Provide back-up data as needed
* Arrange amenities as needed
* As arranged, "rescue" boss from laggards
* Schedule visits away from boss’s area to protect priority/private tasks
* Arrange travel through internal or outside agents
* Arrange travel cash in advance
* Prepare itinerary, trip file and supplies
* Prepare expense report tools for boss
* Complete expense reports after trip
* Improve/tighten storage/retrieval systems
* Update and manage index
* Update secretarial/clerical desk manual
* Set up "tickler" system
* Set up "exception reporting" system to handle routines without supervision
* Routinely re-order department supplies
* Update mail/phone directories
* Make these available to trainees<
* Handle administrative detail, all projects
* Seek greater role in projects within administrative and other areas of competence
* Seek training on projects outside my range
Executive Assistant job description [cont]
* As required, recruit, hire, train and supervise part-time or full-time, paid, or unpaid/volunteer secretarial or clerical staff
1. Knowledge and experience of office routines and systems.
2. Experience of telephone switchboards.
3. Developed inter-personal skills, i.e. the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide range of people.
4. Ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
5. Ability to work effectively under pressure.
6. Methodical approach to compiling reports.
7. Keyboard skills. Knowledge of Word and Excel an advantage.
Executive Assistant job description
* Relieve management of administrative detail, all projects
* Coordinate work flow
* Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
* Take initiative in manager’s absence
* Keep projects on schedule
* Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
* Compose correspondence/reports for own or manager’s signature
* Arrange essential mail in priority action order for boss
* Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
* Process replies on own initiative or from bosses’ dictation or notes
* Research, draft or abstract reports
* Handle all inquiries within my capacity
* Arrange "callbacks" to protect boss’s time
* Provide back-up materials for callbacks
* Route calls elsewhere as needed
* Do phone surveys/inquiries as needed