Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
responsible for delivering well-factored, reusable, scalable products and services which align to architectural principles and product outcomes. They are also responsible for leadership and delivery at every stage of the product lifecycle, ranging across product planning, performance measurement, and iterative development.
key to the role is provding product vision, forming and directing multi-disciplinary software engineering team(s) to deliver it, inspiring creativity and providing guidance.
Offer a sustainable operating model which aligns with FM operational best practice.
To be at the forefront of emerging technologies and understand their relevance to the product, and its diverse audience
Provide strategic expertise on relevant industry and competitor developments
Develop and maintain a business case in support of the product strategy and ambition.
To provide clear direction and management of other Product Managers, including regular setting and evaluation of objectives.
To instigate a Product Management discipline within Publishing Services and inspire others to engage, follow and shape it.
To be accountable for all approval gates, including and especially design sign-off, before a project commences, and for the overall quality of the delivered product.
Lead delivery teams to deliver the product roadmap to FM architecture standards, to the agreed milestones and within the agreed budget
Post Delivery / Maintenance:
Be responsible for the product’s transition to ‘live’ environments, including its operational and user support.
Gather, analyse, and report usage or other such relevant data which demonstrates the performance and SLA of the product.
Monitor, summarise, and report feedback from the user base.
Be responsible for continuous improvement of the product; identifying improvements and enhancements, and prioritising these into the product roadmap.
Provide ownership and management of legacy products and services, including planning replacement, retirement, or other decommissioning of these.
Relationship Management and Communication
Develop relationships with stakeholders, delivery partners, and suppliers
Own contracts with vendors, negotiate and influence to hold them accountable for the terms of the agreement
Improve the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical product teams.
Clearly communicate the product strategy, plans, objectives and performance measures, progress against plans and budget to all interested and invested parties – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience.
Free job description Executive Product Manager
Strategy and Technology
Anticipate product features by tracking dependent product strategies, eliciting stakeholder input, monitoring industry or technological advancements, and collecting business needs.
Define and develop a product strategy that fits within the architectural principles and goals of Future Media, and offers value-for-money solutions
Translate the product strategy into a prioritised roadmap with milestones.
Ensure the appropriate selection of technology to fulfil the product strategy,
Evaluate and recommend solution designs which
Exploit architecture to best meet new requirements
Deliver well-factored, reusable, scalable components
• Demonstrable experience managing and developing digital media products and services – including defining product roadmaps and long-term plans.
• Extensive experience specifying, developing and deploying architectures and infrastructure for software applications in a new media multi-tiered application stack.
• Significant experience working within new media, broadcast, or related media sectors.
• Broad knowledge of relevant technologies, including: Java (Spring), Perl, PHP (Zend), XML/XSLT/XSL, RDBMS (Oracle, Mysql), CGI, mobile, HTTP, HTML/JS/AJAX etc. and experience at the application level in data security, social media tools, content management, media playout and streaming.
• Demonstrable experience of product development and product life-cycle management.
• Good understanding of project management (especially Agile) and software engineering processes and practices
• Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications, and reports.
• Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts, including Director / Board level.
• Experience managing commercial and contractual relationships with third party suppliers and partners.
• Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
• Evidence of problem solving and providing creative solutions.
• Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience with line management and mentoring.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• A strong interest in products and content output
• A proven track record of successful project delivery within new media environments
• Project delivery certification (e.g. ScrumMaster certification, PRINCE2 Practitioner)
• An understanding of internet infrastructure
• Strong negotiation skills