Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Facilities Assistant job description
Responsible for supporting the facilities needs of the building.
• Sorting internal/external post and distributing. This will include payslips and other confidential documents.
• Distribution of heavy boxes or packages from desks to reception or other departments for those members of staff unable to do so.
• Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times by all building’s users.
• Collecting outgoing post, sorting, checking and franking ready for Royal Mail collection. Having regard for most appropriate and cost effective method of sending.
• Pro-active management of stationary hubs and central facilities. This must include close communication with the Receptionists to monitor stock levels.
• Making sure printer and photocopiers are in good working order; reporting faults and ordering supplies from Danwood/Ricoh; making sure toner supplies are sufficient and co-coordinating with Receptionist.
• Ensuring that reception is clear of incoming boxes, packages or letters that have not been collected.
• Covering reception when required
• Pro-actively monitoring general building and fittings maintenance.
• Excellent people orientation, interpersonal sensitivity and inclusive style. Approachable and confident in dealing with people.
• Good communicator, comfortable and credible with people at all levels, able to create and sustain lasting customer relationships
• Experience of operating in a high performance safety environment.
• Heavy lifting of boxes and office equipment.
• Able to work by self and achieve deadlines.
• Basic DIY skills
• IT skills – Outlook, Word and Excel
• Keeping main meeting rooms together with the post room and its surrounding area tidy and clean.
• Fire warden
• Weekend working during office moves as required
• Creating new staff or contractor ID cards.