Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Free job description Administrative Supervisor Facilities Supervisor
Under direction, plans, organizes, supervises and participates in the work of personnel engaged in providing a variety of facilities support and operations services; plans, oversees and carries out mailroom and warehouse operational activities; and performs related duties as assigned.
2. Plans and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development goals; subject to management concurrence, takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
3. Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving OCDE objectives and service expectations; provides leadership and participates in programs and activities that promote a positive employee relations environment.
Facilities Supervisor job description
4. Plans, organizes, supervises, evaluates and participates in the work of facilities support staff engaged in providing varied facilities and equipment maintenance and repair services; reviews and prioritizes assigned work orders; meets with staff to review work requirements and assignments; monitors and inspects completion of work; oversees and participates in setup/breakdown of conference center rooms to meet customer requirements for size and type of event, including room and seating arrangements and audio-visual equipment needs; coordinates activities and projects with other maintenance personnel.
5. Plans, organizes, supervises and participates in mail room operations and the standard and courier delivery of mail, packages and print production orders to locations; supervises and participates in sorting, preparing, processing, metering, picking up, delivering and distributing U.S. mail, interdepartmental mail and overnight mail and packages to all OCDE locations; using specialized software, scans and tracks the delivery of packages; ensures the timely delivery of high quality mail services consistent with customer requirements; prepares requests for postage meter replenishment and processes invoices for express mail services; confers with administrators and staff to plan, schedule and coordinate high volume, time sensitive and confidential mailings to ensure security and cost-effectiveness.
1. Basic methods and practices used in the maintenance, repair and operations of business and commercial buildings and properties, including large scale meeting room spaces.
2. Operations and care of mail equipment
3. U.S. Postal Service standards and requirements for sorting mailing letters, parcels and other materials.
4. Security methods, practices and procedures applicable to mail services operations.
Facilities Supervisor job description
5. Principles and practices of sound business communication.
6. Federal, State and local laws, regulations and court decisions applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
7. Basic research methods and data analysis techniques.
8. Basic principles and practices of public administration for budgeting, purchasing and maintenance of public records.
9. Principles and practices of effective supervision.
10. OCDE human resources policies and procedures and labor contract provisions.
1. Plan, assign, manage and coordinate assigned elements of a facilities maintenance and repair and operational support program, including mail services and warehouse operations.
2. Define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and develop sound, independent conclusions and recommendations in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
3. Understand, interpret, explain and apply policies and State and federal laws and regulations applicable to programs.
4. Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
5. Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports and other written materials.
7. Deal with sensitive and difficult situations.
8. Establish and maintain effective working relationships management, staff, contractors, vendors, suppliers and others encountered in the course of work.
9. Must demonstrate attendance sufficient to complete the duties of the position as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is an Associate's degree in a relevant field of study; and five years of increasingly responsible experience involving facilities maintenance and operations, mail services and/or warehouse operations for a large, multi-site organization, at least two years of which were at a lead supervisory level; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Facilities Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising and participating in a variety of facilities maintenance and operational activities performed by personnel. The incumbent oversees and participates in delivery of mail and courier services and operations of the central warehouse facility. Duties and responsibilities are carried out within the framework of established policies, procedures and guidelines.
Facilities Services Supervisor is distinguished from Operations Supervisor in that an incumbent in the latter class has overall responsibility for overseeing facilities and operational support services, staff and resources.
1. Plans, organizes, supervises and evaluates the work of assigned staff; with staff, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve assigned goals and objectives; participates in developing, implementing and evaluating work programs, plans, processes, systems and procedures to achieve program and goals, objectives and performance measures consistent with quality and service expectations.
6. Oversees and directs central warehouse operations, including the delivery and storage of purchased supplies, materials and equipment and the disposal of surplus inventory items.
7. Ensures safety program and goals are implemented and carried out in assigned areas of responsibility; enforces compliance with all applicable environmental health laws, regulations and guidelines.
8. Provides technical assistance to staff; instructs and provides for the training of staff in work methods, use of tools and equipment and relevant safety precautions; inspects and evaluates work being performed, identifies problem areas and directs remedial action.
1. Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports, including accident reports, maintenance and repair requests, inventories, cost estimates and hazardous materials reports.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.