Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Characteristics and experience, which the ideal candidate should demonstrate, will include:
• A qualified accountant with significant PQE at a senior level with an outstanding track record of achievement in directing a talented team in the delivery of professional support to a large and complex business.
• Demonstrable financial experience and business acumen at a senior management level. Experience at board level is desirable.
• Highly developed communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to influence and persuade through personal credibility, integrity and professionalism. Ability to build/maintain relationships with a wide range of people.
• Strong change and business leadership skills demonstrated through visible commitment to the company values; the creation and ongoing development of high performing teams, effective working with senior colleagues from the Finance and Creative communities.
• A thorough understanding of financial management and business processes with an expectation that the Divisional Board will be fully advised of any critical action to be taken and delivery thereof, at all times successfully engaging senior management in the Division.
• Excellent analytical and technical financial skills and the ability to quickly identify and evaluate business risks and concerns and apply appropriate techniques to resolve them.
• Able to achieve mutually agreeable conclusions in complex negotiations through a combination of assertiveness, persuasive skills and a thorough knowledge of the relevant facts.
• Understanding of Finance’s role as a partner who is responsive to business needs – able to support rapid decision making and wise spending, driving value and the strategic management of funds.
• Organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and deal effectively with both short term imperatives and long term planning.
• Enthusiasm, resilience, drive and commitment, with the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured environment.
Finance & Business Director Job Description
• To be responsible for the sound management of the Division finances providing effective financial advice and support to the CFO and the Divisional Board.
• To shape Division’s long-term financial strategy and ensure prioritisation against strategic objectives.
• Work with the Divisional Board to implement Delivering Quality First and other strategic projects across the Group.
• Provide objective analysis of business performance, highlighting key issues and problem areas, including making recommendations for action.
• To ensure that the division allocates resources effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and a commitment to a value-for-money approach
• To support the business in creating, sustaining and exploiting creative intellectual property for the on-going benefit of the company
• To provide first class leadership and line management. As a member of both the Divisional and Finance and Business Boards, act as a role model for not only direct reports but other finance professionals
• Ownership and management of financial risk across the Division; establishing financial priorities and effective cash management across the portfolio of services.
• To maintain low cost, effective business systems and processes, capable of producing quality, timely management information appropriate to the needs of staff and managers at all levels in the division.
• Ensure effective investment management is in operation addressing governance, risk, financial performance and post investment reviews.
• Ensure a robust and effective compliance environment exists, addressing external reporting requirements (OFCom, DCMS), financial disciplines, risk management processes, fair trading and internal controls.
• Maintain a positive and proactive relationship with all professional disciplines (Strategy, HR, Technology)
• Work proactively with key business partners, ensuring the success of key relationships.
• Reports to the Chief Financial Officer
• Key member of the Finance and Business Division’s Board.
• Key member of Divisional Board
• Leads and manages the Divisional Finance team.
• To be responsible for the sound management of the allocated Division finances, providing effective financial advice and support to divisional senior management.
• Work with the Division Board to develop and implement Delivering Quality First recommendations across the Division.
• Lead the long term financial strategy with a focus on driving value and strategic management of funding across all spheres of the Divisional activity.