Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To keep up to date financial records and carry out office administration tasks as specified by the management team.
Finance Job Description
1. Entering suppliers invoices on to purchase ledger
2. Preparing bacs and cheque payments for suppliers
3. Entering sales invoices on to sales ledger and posting receipts, assisting the Finance Officer with the collection of debts
4. Reconciling and maintaining petty cash
5. Reconciling monthly ticket income from box office reports and entering income onto Sage accounting system
6. Reconciling hirer and agency income, preparing hirer invoices and making payments to hirers and agencies
7. Banking trading cash receipts and prepare weekly change order for front of house
8. Entering trading income into spreadsheets and reconciling with till receipts/cafe franchisee records
9. Preparing fortnightly payroll, liaising with both staff and external payroll bureau
10. Assisting the Finance Officer in reconciling weekly bank statements
11. Assisting the Finance Officer in the reconciliation and movement of funds between the balance sheets and profit and loss accounts as well as between the companies.
12. Assisting the Finance Officer and General Manager in the preparation of weekly sales figures, monthly management accounts and end of year closure of accounts.
13. Assisting the Finance Officer to deal with general enquiries from suppliers and debtors
14. Any other financial duties which may reasonably be requested.
1. Answering general telephone and enquiries
2. Checking and responding to administration emails
3. Taking minutes at Planning, Operation and Health & Safety meetings
4. Assisting the Administrator with the ordering of office supplies
5. Assisting the Administrator and General Manager with personnel and board administration
• Good standard of education, including Maths and English qualifications
• An interest in learning and aptitude for accounting
• IT competent with numeracy skills
• Experience of handling cash
• Excellent attention to detail and an ability to prioritise
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Experience of working in an arts venue
6. Maintaining an accommodation database for visiting companies and making travel and accommodation bookings
7. Providing administrative support as requested to the management team
8. Carrying out duty management responsibilities in common with the rest of office staff
9. Any other duties which may be reasonably requested
• To publicly represent the compny in a prepared and professional manner
• To maintain confidentiality
• To occasionally work unsocial hours as required