Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Financial Controller Job Description
The role will manage a small team to ensure that the correct financial and reporting structure is put in place to allow the business to grow whilst maintaining effective governance, financial controls and performance reporting.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Oversee financial management for all corporate divisional overheads.
• Assume finance management responsibility for Corporate & Inter-divisional P&L and related balance sheets.
• Oversee statutory accounting for relevant subsidaries
• Coordination of corporation tax accounting entries (corp tax, group relief, deferred tax) across subsidaries
• Oversee consolidation entries required to eliminate inter-divisional trading
• Provide treasury management finance support to Treasury function and key offices around the globe as necessary to ensure the appropriate cashflow/funding
• Lead from a finance perspective the integration of business systems with SAP/BW i.e. Licensing (IPM), Plics, Uncle, Landmark, SPS etc
• Work with the business, company secretary and group finance to ensure the appropriate debt equity structures are in place and accounted for appropriately
• Liaise with senior management and peers in the business, Finance & IT to lead the design and development of systems to improve and automate business and finance processes as directed by the Director of Financial Operations.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors.
• Post charges across the company and agree related inter-company balances with all relevant Directorates.
• Automation of our forecasting and budgeting processes
• Manage capital expenditure for the group, including providing appropriate challenge and supporting analyses and controlling the group fixed asset ledger;
• Overall responsibility for the maintenance of the Asset Ledger (tangible and intangible) and the day to day running of the Ledger in accordance with company accounting policy.
• Review and submission of the yearly tax claim schedules to the Tax Manager, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Ensuring thorough financial control of the investment payment process.
• Providing support and advice to investing divisions during forecasts and budgeting, restructures and joint venture projects.
• Reporting of cash co-production activity.
• Overall responsibility for the cash repatriation and discount release process.
• Work with relevant business units to:
o co-ordinate and drive the budget / forecast process,
o provide day to day support to the business community
o control and monitor overhead expenditure across the Divisions.
o ensure budget/ forecast templates are appropriately set up
• Line management of x team members.
• Develop, train and provide on the job coaching, as necessary, to encourage best practice within the department.
• Review reconciliations, analysis and reporting of all corporate related activity
• Prepare written commentaries on financial results (monthly, forecast, budget) as and when required.
• Review reconciliation of Balance Sheet & Profit & Loss accounts, as required, and posting of necessary corrections.
• Prepare forecasts, annual budgets, long term plans and financial models, as required.
• Resolve anomalies and queries and ensure are followed up in a timely manner
• Provide business and financial expertise to ad hoc projects.
• Any other duties in line with the general responsibilities of the post as required by the Director of Financial Operations.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in and understanding of the sector, they will be a qualified accountant with experience gained in a commercial environment.
• Substantial post-qualification experience of “best-practice” accounting in a complex multinational is a requirement for the role, along with extensive experience and understanding of financial systems/software.
• Advanced Excel skills and experience of SAP/BW would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable experience of/commitment to developing and implementing continual process improvements in a complex reporting structure is a key requirement for the role, as is the ability to respond flexibly to changing operational needs.
• A forward thinking “finisher” with the genuine drive, enthusiasm and commitment to improve the effectiveness of management accounting processes would be best suited for this role.
• Finally a confident team player with strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills who has the ability to motivate a team to deliver quality output to deadline in a challenging environment, along with the above mentioned skills will be ideal within this role.