Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Financial Management Assistant job description
1. Completes monthend procedures, with supervision, by collating financial documents and inputing data, recharges, budget virements and journals into computerised finance system, databases and spreadsheets with accuracy using standard keyboard skills.
2. Requires knowledge and follows departmental procedures/policies e.g. inputting data into finance systems, providing standard reports. May be required to comment on improvements and changes via the finance Process Improvement Group (Streamlining Group)
3. Assist in checking funding for, and process Approval to Recruit (ATR) applications. Records and codes payroll forms and update Directorate’s establishment records on a daily basis.
4. Required to concentrate for prolonged periods and manage occasional interruptions to answer queries from staff and budget holders
1. Qualifications /Training
• Minimum 5 “O” Levels/GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths and English)
• Studying NVQ or Association of Accounting Technicans (AAT) intermediate level or relevant equivalent experience
3. Skills/ Knowledge
• IT literate including spreadsheet skills
• Good numeracy skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Able to produce accurate and timely work
• Good organisation and communication skills
4. Personal Qualities
• Neat personal Presentation
• A team player
• Flexible approach to work
• Reliable and able to work under pressure
• Able to maintain concentration through interruption
5. Other Requirements
• Awareness of confidentiality
Due to the nature of our work, all posts are deemed to require CRB clearance.
All posts working with children or vulnerable adults are required to be checked against ISA Vetting and Barring lists and may require ISA registration.
To support the Financial Management team by ensuring that the financial reports are accurate and timely. To ensure that all transactions and processes are in accordance with the Finance Department’s internal procedures and timetable.
5. Files source documents in accordance to departmental procedures.
6. Generates timely budget reports from computerised reporting system and distributes with nominal rolls to budgetholders/managers.
7. Investigates and answers routine queries received from budget managers/Finance Manager with a basic knowledge and understanding of the Directorates. Communicates to Finance Manager any material issues as required.
8. Analyses detailed data by accessing the information from computerised payroll and finance systems to identify errors/discrepancies and report findings.
9. Creates spreadsheets to provide ad hoc costings/information to budget managers.
10. Occasionally meets some budget managers to discuss financial issues, with supervision.
11. Assists in the formal budget manager Training Sessions and assist in training new starters in the Financial Management Team.
12. Assists in the annual budgetsetting process according to the timetable and procedures as set out in the policy.
13. Plans own work day, with little direct supervision, to meet financial timetables/priorities/deadlines set by Finance Manager, who provides advice when required.