Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
• The post holder will ensurethe the company is aware of legislated and associated fire safety requirements
• Advise the Head of Operational Health, Safety and Fire of all serious fire issues.
• Directly advise management and department managers on all aspects of fire safety and their responsibilities.
• Have professional responsibility to provide a full service in relation to fire safety matters, including the responsibility for assisting the Senior Fire Officer in the management, co-ordination and development of the company training requirements for fire safety.
• The post holder must have specialist knowledge in fire safety and associated subjects, and be experienced in training and development, and management.
Knowledge, Training and Experience
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent. Plus Specialist qualification in fire safety/fire prevention and training. Specialist knowledge of risk management / assessment.
• Sound knowledge of fire safety, fire prevention, HTM fire code, and building regulations with at least 10 years fire fighting/safety experience. Experience in undertaking in depth Fire Risk Assessments. Be trained and competent in facilitation and be able to deliver Fire training to all levels. Have formal qualifications in the afore mentioned subject matter or the equivalent of at least 10 years in undertaking the tasks.
Analytical and Judgmental Skills
• Identifying departmental procedures and training requirements and devise training packages, involving research and meetings with managers, suppliers and manufacturers, negotiating to achieve amicable results.
• Researching the availability and suitability of products, such as evacuation equipment, fire and evacuation lifts, fixed and portable fire-fighting equipment. Make recommendations on findings to departments and directorates.
• Research fire safety systems such as passive and active fire protection measures and provide information on products and systems to overcome structural or development problems.
• Analysing complex plans of proposed projects in relation to alterations to existing and new builds. Analyse the alarm, detection and fire protection systems for existing and proposed projects, Researching to ensure to they meet Disability Discrimination Act requirements and the organisation.
• Provide guidance on recommendations and findings in relation to fire safety legislation, building regulations and Heath Technical Memoranda compliance referring to the Senior Fire Officer where necessary. This work is on-going and will require substantial periods of concentration and interpretation of conflicting information and making judgements that does not compromise the LHBs interests or legislation.
• Investigate and compile incident reports in relation to Fire requiring expertise and knowledge to ensure report is accurate. This information could be utilised in formal internal and external investigations.
• All of the above are part of the daily weekly workload.
Planning and Organisational Skills
• The post holder will have the freedom to organise his own day-to-day work, meetings and inspections, etc.
• Responsible for organising, managing mandatory and fire training sessions and any additional training that has been highlighted in risk assessments. Including out of hours as required
• Responsible for devising and assisting in devising, arranging and facilitating mandatory and specialist complex training requirements such as evacuation strategies, use of fire evacuation lifts, evacuation equipment etc.
• Organising and planning inspections and audits of properties/departments, which include buldings, health centres, clinics, and other buildings non clinical.
• Responsible for organising external trainers and facilitators and employees where necessary for training in specialist equipment. i.e. initial and update evacuation lift training for senior staff and training on evacuation equipment, fire alarm systems etc.
• Responsible for organising meetings for varying subject matter
All of the above are strategic and operational.
Fire Officer job description
This work is on-going and will require substantial periods of concentration and interpretation of conflicting information and making judgements that does not compromise the company interests or legislation.
Assist in the development and delivery of statutory and mandatory fire training programs. This will include the co-ordination of specific departmental high risk areas, and specialist equipment requiring knowledge above/beyond core skills and knowledge.
Provide Estates Officers and Departmental Managers with advice and guidance on technical, complex fire engineering issues to maintain fire safe environments and systems. Ensure that maintenance work meets the correct standards and that safety is not compromised in the workplace (including contractors working within company areas). This will require an understanding of available, and varied complex and diverse systems and have the ability to interrogate analyse and understand them to ensure the company safety is not compromised.
• Monitor building projects to ensure compliance with safety standards, statutory and mandatory regulations and keep abreast of changes to legislation relating to fire and associated subjects to fire. Assist in the prioritisation of the risks for funding for existing buildings. Investigate and manage fires and false alarm calls and providing recommendations to reduce the risks of fire and incidents of false alarms to ensure the company meets the Government’s strategy to reduce unwanted fire signals in accordance with legislated requirements and HTMs.
• The post holder will provide statutory and mandatory guidance and advise the company in matters relating to fire safety to ensure compliance with statutory legislated acts relating to fire and associated with fire, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
Responsible for providing statutory and mandatory guidance to the company on fire safety and associated subjects with fire to ensure compliance with statutory legislation, ORGANISATION Firecode, British and European Standards.
Responsible for carrying out in-depth fire safety inspections of all company properties i.e. buldings, engineering service areas including ducts and plant rooms and areas of special risk. Compile reports from the inspections identifying any deficiencies that need to be addressed in accordance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, health and safety requirements and Health Technical Memoranda. Requiring knowledge additional to specialised field.
Undertake annual fire safety compliance audits and compile reports and action plans
Analyse complex plans of proposed projects in relation to alterations to existing and new builds. Analyse the alarm, detection and fire protection systems for existing and proposed projects. Provide guidance on recommendations and findings in relation to fire safety legislation, building regulations and Heath Technical Memoranda compliance referring to the Senior Fire Officer where necessary.