Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To provide specialist fire safety advice to the Company and all other areas covered by service level agreements. To ensure that the Company and others operate within specified legal requirements with regards to fire risks and develop actions plans for all areas where roles have not been covered by a fire risk management system.
Fire Safety Officer
Key Result Areas/ Responsibilities:
1. Assess fire strategy for all relevant buildings and all relevant parts of buildings in accordance with Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regs
2. Assess standards of buildings to the requirements of Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regs and all successor regulations.
3. To regularly inspect all buildings, undertaking fire risk assessments within every Department, etc, and periodically review risk assessments and maintain a file of assessments for examination by interested parties.
4. Undertake annual fire safety audits at all locations.
5. Research and produce location/work specific fire safety training packages.
6. Deliver practical and theoretical fire safety training to all employees and maintain records of attendees.
7. Undertake evacuation drills in all locations unannounced and unscheduled and produce appropriate reports.
8. Investigate and produce reports on occurring fire incidents, unwanted fire signals and incidents, including the COMPANY reporting system and give advice on future prevention.
Qualifications and Training
Fire Service qualifications or equivalent eg, Institute of Fire Engineers qualifications.
Understanding of modern fire alarm systems, methods and standards for implementing fire strategies and risk assessments. Understanding of relevant Health and Safety issues and understanding of Fire Safety Legislation and Codes of Practice.
Environmental Risk Management techniques related to Fire Safety.
Skills and Abilities
High standard of written and oral communication. Possess good verbal and presentation skills for staff training. Able to demonstrate an analytical approach to the assessment of Fire incidents and Fire risks, with the ability to maintain efficient and effective office systems.
Minimum of 5 years in a senior position with responsibility for Fire Prevention.
Experience of fire safety on a complex estate.
9. Provide specialist fire safety advice for all projects being carried out within the Company and liaising with Architects, Local Authority Building Control and Fire Brigades where required.
10. Produce specialist reports to principle committees/Director of Facilities as required and to submit annually, a fire report for the Company Board, to include statistical and relevant information and provide interim reports for other organisations.
11. Undertake Fire Safety Audits at all locations.
1. Set up, maintain and monitor the maintenance of all fire fighting equipment within the Company including equipment replacement.
2. To keep current all fire policies and fire procedures including annual reviews of all documents dealing with fire issues.
3. To implement and maintain Fire Policy Groups to include management and staff in discussions regarding fire prevention.
4. To participate in the completion and maintenance of all Corporate Governance of the Company relating to Fire and relevant issues.
5. Monitoring and to give guidance with others to the Estates and Facilities Directorate on environmental safety and risk management reflecting the importance of Health and Safety within the directorate
6. The post holder will support the Head of Property Compliance and Client Development across the range of his/her duties as appropriate within the grading of the post. In the context of rapid and ongoing change within the COMPANY generally, the responsibilities are set out represent the current priorities and requirements of the post. These priorities will develop and evolve over time and any significant changes will be subject to the full involvement of the postholder.
7. Ensure Company Information Governance policy and best practice is followed (including confidentiality and data quality) to ensure data quality is maximised and confidentiality of information is maintained and applied to all data recorded, utilised and reported on.