Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Fleet Manager job description
Delivering the service level required from the business unit and to ensure that the ships are operated to the highest of standard in compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements and in accordance with standards and policies, ensuring total client satisfaction at all times.
• Managing the day to day activities of the business unit through the ship team and central management function. To ensure its efficiency in the provision of the management services under the ship management agreement.
• The correct and full implementation of the management system/including record keeping.
• Keeping the Clients advised of problems which arise on their ships and to develop relationships with the Clients and through regular contact to ensure customer satisfaction is being achieved.
• Ensuring that the business unit is adequately staffed and that satisfactory levels of experience are available at all times.
• Controlling the vessel performance, shipboard maintenance and repair programmes, dry dockings, deficiencies, and class and flag surveys and to ensure that these are completed within the required time. Monitoring and ensuring vessels performance in accordance with charter party requirements.
• Ensuring the ships entrusted to the business unit are operated to the highest standard with absolute regard to the safety of life at sea and protection of the environment and in conjunction with the crewing department ensure that the crews are of the highest standard achievable. To make recommendations for improvement.
• Approving the annual vessel operating budgets prior to sending to the customer and to monitor the development of actual costs throughout the year and to ensure that all costs are vigorously controlled.
• Monitoring of vessel visitations to ensure that vessels are regularly inspected. Ensuring that internal and external reports are completed within the agreed schedule.
• Approving the dry docking specification and any other major repair work prior to tendering.
• Identifying training requirements for the business unit.
• Assisting the relevant Superintendent in the preparation of, and progression with, all insurance claims.
• Setting up and ensuring continued operation of team briefings, meetings and reporting directed towards achieving team awareness, commitment and objectives.
• The timeliness and accuracy of technical, operational and financial reporting. Ensuring that Client reports are completed within the specified time scales.
• Reporting to General Manager on all matters which are of concern.
• Formulating and co-ordinating a visitation plan to ensure that the ships are visited by the Superintendent at regular intervals.
• Approving orders, invoices and payments up to limit of authorisation.
• Assisting in the development of new business proposals as required.
• Assisting in any emergency response as required.
• To oversee appointment of senior officers.
Requirements of the Job (Essential skills, qualifications and experience)
• A qualified engineer, master mariner or naval architect or other appropriate managerial qualification, to have held a senior position within the shipping industry.
• A skilled organiser and communicator at all levels.
• Committed to vigorous quality and cost control.
• Computer literate.