Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Food Services Supervisor
The post holder has responsibility to oversee the day-to-day delivery of food services to all departments.
They will have line responsibility for between 20/60 wte depending on base area.
The post holder will be required to be a single point of contact “Acting Up” in the absence of
Training & Qualifications
NVQ 1.2, ILM Team Leader training.
Knowledge of staff supervision
Working knowledge of hygiene/Food
Hygiene, understanding of Health and Safety/Risk management/ policies & procedures.
Technical knowledge of cleaning equipment.
2/3 years experience working in a Food Service roll or similar environment
Experience Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of routine and specialist procedures.
1. The post holder will be responsible for the supervision and performance of their team, motivating and sustaining moral and promoting a keen sense of responsibilities to our customers requirements
2. The post holder will deploy staff according to service requirements, ensuring that work is allocated according to the capabilities and workload of the individual team
3. They will control the effective and efficient use of resources, staff materials and equipment, ensuring that resources stay within strict budgeting controls in compliance with standing financial instructions
4. Will participate in the review of the current services and assist in the development of options for delivery of Food Service Standards and Better Food
5. Will assist with staff training, development and assessment and will take an active part in the recruitment and selection process
6. The post holder will participate in any training that is deemed necessary for their own development and produce there Personal Development Plan
7. They will take responsibility for security of any new developments i.e.: keys, wards and departments within their own areas
8. They will ensure that Food Hygiene/Food Services and Cleaning Standards are met, and will audit standards within their area of responsibility, producing written records for each ward/department
9. Maintain safe working practice reporting accidents following laid down procedures
10. Liaises with Property Services and Environmental Services for maintenance, repairs and pest control
11. Must communicate with other users of the services and participate in new development projects that use our service
13. Ensure that emergency food service requests are met with a timely and efficient response and out of hours requests for our services are actioned
14. Takes an active part in writing of new work schedules and job descriptions with the line manager. Is responsible for design and implementing staff deployment sheets
15. The post holder will ensure that any written records that may be necessary for the smooth running of the department are kept up to date and will be able to use VDU equipment to input this information onto a spread sheet.
16. Familiar with payroll system and generate and input information in accordance with standard operating instructions
17. Monitors sickness and absence and carries out return to work interviews. Reports any staff to line manager where attendance gives rise for concern.
18. Is authorised to sanction annual leave request for single days and bank holidays/ will only sanction annual leave for longer periods of time in a emergency situation or when there is no line manager on duty/ completes annual leave records
HEALTH & SAFETY – SPECIFIC
To operate and participate in various ‘Permit to Work’ systems.
To comply with the Trust’s safety policy, directorate procedures and Codes of Practice.
Able to make risk assessments as part of personal actions – but to know when to seek the assistance of more qualified colleagues.
He/she will be required to work in a safe working manner within the scope of the Health & Safety at Work Act (or other relevant Acts). To co-operate in safety training and any safety procedures or policies laid down by the Trust.
The post holder must be willing to accept flexibility in working hours to meet the exigencies of the service. This may involved (for those not routinely working shifts) occasional shift cover or emergency cover. Overtime will only be worked to meet the exigencies of the service at the discretion of management.