Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
General Manager Job Description
1. Position Objectives
a. To successfully manage the operations of the organization.
b. To ensure the organisation’s relationship to community and culture is successful.
c. To provide the leadership and business acumen to fulfil the organisation’s
a. Ensure operations are effectively managed.
b. Ensure financial systems, processes and activities are managed for maximum
c. Expand the organisation’s resource base.
d. Manage all human resource requirements including an appropriate Aboriginal
e. Ensure a risk management program is in place and used.
f. Ensure all processes and systems needed for effective organisational performance
are in place.
a. Develop collaborative working arrangements between the organisation and its
b. Enter negotiations with parties as required and exercise care regarding risk.
c. Advocate for, represent and promote the organisation at local, state and national
d. Negotiate service level agreements, outcomes, targets and budgets with funding providers.
a. Ensure reporting to funding bodies meets all requirements.
b. Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, the constitution and legal
1. Post graduate or graduate qualifications or
equivalent and current experience
2. Proven track record in successful grants application, report writing and management
of service contracts.
3. Experience as manager of a small business or not-for-profit organisation.
4. Experience in reporting to and working with community Boards or Boards of
5. Demonstrated leadership skills.
6. Demonstrated financial skills, including budgeting, cash flow management, book
keeping (using MYOB), financial control implementation, management of multiple
cost centres, and understanding of invoicing and management of creditors and
7. Demonstrated strategic and risk management skills.
8. Demonstrated human resource management skills.
9. Advanced proficiency in IT (Macintosh environment), including desktop and
operating systems software, database development (Filemaker), specialist graphics
and media software, and good understanding of networks, including local area
networks and storage area networks
10. Significant experience in working in a cross-cultural environment.
11. Developed understanding of:
a. Issues affecting remote Aboriginal people.
b. Protocols for the management of Aboriginal cultural IP.
12. Excellent relationship management skills.
13. Superior organisational skills.
14. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
15. Superior problem solving skills.
16. Current driver’s licence and capability to drive a manual car.
1. 4WD proficiency
2. Website development skills, including management
2. Position Authorities, Limitations and Orientation:
a. The GM is responsible to the Board of Management.
b. Specific delegations including limitations on authority are set in the instrument of
c. A high level of self-direction and initiative is expected within the framework set by
d. The GM is expected to protect the organisation from risk and to proactively pursue
a. Report to the Board on organisational performance and compliance requirements.
b. Provide proactive and timely advice and information.
c. Assist the Board with policy development through information, advice and technical
d. Contribute to the development and review of long term strategy.
e. Implement the decisions of the Board.