Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
General Office Manager job description
To provide managerial, clerical and
administrative support to the General Office at to ensure the smooth running of The unit. This will include the line management of the administrative staff in the General Office. This comprises of approximately ten staff
including the part time secretaries and clerks.
• The Line management of clerical/secretarial staff.
• To be involved with recruitment of administration staff
• Maintain office management and working environment for the team
• Ensure confidentiality and is maintained at all times
Manage petty cash and stationery orders to the agreed value for the Team
• Input data and use of MS Excel, Databases, Word, Outlook,
Explorer, Publisher and Powerpoint along with online logistics, Administration Systems and other systems as required
• To ensure provision of a comprehensive office and administrative service
• To be the representative for administration staff at senior management level at team meetings
Communication and Relationships
• Liaising at all levels to ensure efficient exchanges of information between the Team as well as other internal and external contacts as necessary.
Training & Qualifications
• Manage and develop clerical and secretarial staff. This includes
delegation of duties, providing direction and guidance as necessary to
ensure an efficient administrative and secretarial support service.
• Continue developing and maintaining systems to meet the needs of the
• Lead the development of any new IT infrastructure required with the
• Lead on development of patient information and booking service.
• Knowledge of IT systems and databases.
• To act as relief for other clerical officers as required and work in partnership with other administrative staff.
• Create and maintaining staff personal files, including annual leave and sickness records.
• To maintain appropriate stationary supplies for the Team and participate in ordering of supplies/equipment
• To move light pieces of equipment, stationary and patient’s files around the office/base as required.
• Use keyboard skills to input data onto database, type letters, memos and faxes as required.
• The post holder will provide a receptionist service ensuring that telephone calls, correspondence and direct contact with clients and other internal/external agencies are dealt with in an appropriate and professional manner, using judgement and discretion where necessary and to refer complex matters to relevant members of the team.
• Act as the main communicator between patient and health professional and pass on accurate information.
• Aim to resolve complaints informally at first telephone call and escalate as appropriate in line with policy
Policy and Service
• To maintain excellent standards of practice and regularly evaluate these.
• To participate in audits when required.
• Report any untoward incidents in accordance with Policy.
• Utilise resources in an effective and cost efficient manner.
• Ensure protocols and guidelines are developed and adhered too
• Contribute to development of the service.
• Observe Health and Safety Policies Ensure that Health and Safety issues relating to the workplace are addressed by all the team members,
• To represent the Team in certain designated functions eg. and the Complaints Procedure and Contribute to investigation of complaints.
• Providing regular supervision for administration staff, ensuring staff receive relevant training and also providing support to staff according to their individual needs.
• Ensure all staff have yearly appraisals
Financial and Physical Resources
• The post holder will maintain an effective filing system for the Service and ensure that all files are securely locked away according to Trust policies and procedures, ensuring that confidentiality of patient information is
maintained at all times.
To be responsible for ensuring the security of information and to comply with the Data Protection Acts. This also includes passwords to computers containing confidential reports and information.
• Responsible for office security along with all the team. It is the responsibility of the last person to leave the office to ensure the building is secure and the security doors have been activated.
• Assist in development of services which reduce costs and ensure value for money
• To use equipment for photocopying, laminating, faxing, shredding etc as necessary.
• The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance of office equipment and keep stationery levels within our requirements.
• The post holder will sign off timesheets for administrative staff.
• Responsible for day to day work allocation and supervision of new and temporary staff.
• Contribute to training and development of new and temporary staff.
• The post holder is responsible for the administration involved when recruiting new members of staff.
• The post holder will be responsible for working out annual leave and maintaining all annual leave cards including sick days, study days or training etc.
• The post holder will co-ordinate with the Manager on a daily basis on confidential matters relating to employees and respect the nature of confidential issues.
• The post holder will be responsible for making sure all mandatory training is undertaken.
• Ensure databases within department are maintained and data is stored in accordance with Guidelines and that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times, changing database functions and fields as necessary.
• Minute team meetings.
Research and Development
• To assist with clinical audits and staff surveys as required.
• The post holder will take the initiative to contact and consult with colleagues as appropriate when they are not in the office as this is a post that requires unsupervised working and exercise of judgement in seeking assistance.
• The post holder will liaise with the Service Lead to ensure the smooth running of the service.
• Representing the administration staff at senior management level, thus providing the link between operational and administrative operations within the service.
• Build positive relationships with internal and external customers
• Regularly provide and receive confidential patient information and disseminate appropriately.
Analytical and Judgemental
• To collect, develop and produce statistical information, as required
• Be aware of and participate in the risk assessment for the benefit of self, colleagues and clients, in line with the Risk Management Policy and Health & Safety
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate and efficient filing deadlines and
demands of the service
Planning and Organisation
• Plan workload on a day to day basis and the workload of any temporary staff in the office to ensure that all priority work is done on the same day.
• Adhere to standards for record keeping, maintaining accurate records of interventions and activities.