Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
General Science Assistant job description
To provide support within the Science technician team in particular through maintaining the cleanliness of equipment, laboratories and preparation areas.
1. Washing up / cleaning and drying of glassware and other apparatus.
2. Clearing racks and putting away glassware and apparatus.
3. Tidying and cleaning cupboards.
4. Regular and routine washing and drying of departmental white coats
5. Work together with the technicians to ensure that the maintenance and cleanliness of laboratories and equipment is suitable at all times for students to be able to work efficiently and safely.
6. Work together with the technicians to provide materials and equipment for practical classes.
7. Assist the technicians with the checking, maintaining and organising of departmental stocks (Equipment, consumables, stationery,etc.) and the maintenance of the departmental equipment and chemical databases.
8. Other jobs of a similar nature throughout the College when required..
6. Communicate effectively with other people in the working environment.
7. Prioritise and organise time effectively and work positively in response to a high workload or requests made at short notice.
8. Work accurately with attention to detail.
9. Work independently at times and use initiative in dealing with requests.
10. Contribute to and work effectively within a team environment.
11. An understanding of the principles of safety at work
12. Competent in basic IT and the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook (email and calendar), Word and Excel.
13. An empathy with young people studying science at sixth form level and a desire to provide a service to support their practical needs.
14. An understanding of and commitment to the values given in the BHASVIC Staff Code of Conduct, the Equality and Diversity Policy, the Safeguarding policy and the Race Equality policy.
1. Educated to at least Grade C GCSE in Double Science or Chemistry or equivalent or have some relevant experience working in an environment with glassware and hazardous chemicals.
2. Clean glassware and other equipment in preparation for science practicals.
3. Maintain a safe and clean working environment .
4. Organise materials, equipment and other resources.
5. Previous experience of work within an educational establishment.