Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Geologist job description
· Local and international studies ranging from conceptual through to feasibility.
· Reviews and audits of exploration and pre-development programs.
· Planning and recommendations for ongoing resource work.
· Project evaluations and risk assessments.
· Drill program planning and management.
· Resource modelling and estimation.
· Sign off Mineral Resources under relevant codes such as JORC or NI-43101.
· Supervision, mentoring and training of junior staff.
· Bachelor of Science (Geology) or equivalent.
· Minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience, ideally at least 5 years site based.
· Membership of the AusIMM, AIG or a JORC recognised organisation.
· Advanced resource modelling, estimation, and QA/QC skills.
· Exposure to both open pit and underground operations an advantage.
· Advanced technical software skills.
· Previous exposure to the consulting environment would be seen as an advantage.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Advanced technical report writing skills.
· Reviews of geological and resource data and modeling.
· Reviews of grade control procedures and results.
· Reconciliation reviews and due diligence studies.
· Site inspections and procedural audits.
· Peer review of studies and reports.
· Project and study management.